Belleview is part of a row of traditional Cotswold stone cottages, located on a peaceful lane, in the heart of the beautiful village of Painswick, well known as the "Queen of the Cotswolds" and famous for its 99 yew trees in the ancient churchyard. Many places within the village, including Belleview's garden, have stunning views out over the glorious countryside of the Painswick Valley. Belleview is well placed for exploring the surrounding countryside or visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds. The famous Cotswold Way footpath, which runs from Bath to Chipping Campden, goes past the front door of the cottage.
The cottage has been lovingly renovated by its owner, to highlight its traditional character features, including exposed Cotswold stone walls and oak beams, wooden doors and a large inglenook fireplace. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, two flatscreen TVs and a well equipped kitchen/dining room.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of four people, in two bedrooms, with one bathroom. Please note that children under the age of 10 are not permitted at Belleview. Quiet on street parking is freely available. Belleview is an ideal retreat for couples, or a small family with older children, looking for a peaceful getaway.
Belleview can also be booked in conjunction with its very similar neighbouring property, Southview.
The front door of Belleview opens into the living room. The following rooms are downstairs:
- Living room: The beautiful living room is full of character, including exposed Cotswold stone walls and an inglenook fireplace. The fireplace contains an electric, flame effect fire and there is comfy seating for four;
- Kitchen: The well equipped kitchen contains a gas range cooker and five ring hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, toaster, kettle and washing machine. The kitchen also contains a fold away wooden dining table and four dining chairs.
Steep wooden stairs lead up from the living room to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 2 (Bluebell): Contains beautiful exposed stone walls and a double bed;
- Bathroom: Contains a bath with shower attachment, a separate walk-in shower, a toilet and a wash basin.
A further steep staircase leads up from the first floor, directly into the Master bedroom:
- Master bedroom (Forget Me Not): A stunning eaves room, with exposed oak beams and stone walls. Contains a king size bed.
The back door leads out of the kitchen, into the peaceful multi-level garden. Steep steps lead up to the top of the garden, from which there are fabulous views over the rooftops to the glorious countryside beyond. There is a garden table and four chairs, and a charcoal barbecue.
Booking and payment
Character Cottages is a marketing agency and we do not own or manage any of the cottages listed on our website. Bookings made via us form a legal agreement directly between you and the property owner.
For bookings commencing more than 12 weeks in advance, a 30% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm the booking. The balance payment is then due 12 weeks prior to arrival.
All payments are made subject to the cancellation policy set out in the standard Booking Conditions.
The maximum occupancy of the property is four guests. Please consult us prior to booking if you intend to have more than this number of guests at the property at any point during your stay, as additional charges may apply.
Regrettably, pets are not accepted.
Bed linen and towels
Bed linen and towels are provided for guests.
Arrival and departure times
Arrival time is after 3pm and departure time is by 10am. Access is via a key safe, therefore it does not matter if you are arriving late at night.
Bed sizes and configurations
- Master bedroom (Forget Me Not): King size bed
- Bedroom 2 (Bluebell): Double bed
- Family bathroom: Bath with shower attachment, separate walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin
Heating and fuel
The property has a gas central heating system.
Electricity and gas are included in the rental price.
The property has free wireless internet access and a flat screen TV with DVD player, plus a second TV in the master bedroom.
There is no telephone at the property and guests should note that the mobile phone signal can be variable within the thick walls of the cottage.
Free, quiet on-street parking is available.
Where a letting exceeds nine nights, a mid-stay clean, bed linen and towel change may be included in the price. Please check with us to confirm. Additional housekeeping services may be available on request.
Child friendly facilities
Regrettably, due to the steepness and open sided nature of the stairs, Belleview does not accept children under the age of 10.
A small quantity of initial consumables is provided for your convenience (eg. tea, coffee, sugar, soap, toilet rolls, etc), however, you should not expect the quantity of these provisions to be sufficient for the duration of your stay.
Accessibility, health and safety
This is an old property and has many character features, including very narrow and steep stairs, low beams, multiple floors and lots of steps from the back door to the top of the garden, which could pose difficulty to guests with limited mobility, or carrying babies, both in terms of their general movement and their ability to quickly exit the house in the event of an emergency.
The smoke and CO detectors operate on a sound only basis and, therefore, those who have serious impairment of hearing may not be able to hear the alarm systems and could be at risk.
No smoking is permitted throughout the property.
In order to provide you with as much detail of our properties as possible, we sometimes use wide angle photography, which can make certain rooms, or spaces, appear larger than they actually are. Wherever possible, we try to include a floorplan, with detailed dimensions of rooms and areas. If you have any queries regarding the size of any rooms or spaces, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Belleview is located in the beautiful South-West Cotswolds village of Painswick, approximately four miles from Stroud.
Traveling by car
Belleview is easily accessed by car, being located close to the A46, which runs through the South-West Cotswolds, from Cheltenham to Bath.
Traveling by train
The nearest railway station to Belleview is Stroud (approximately four miles away), which has regular, direct services to London Paddington, with a typical journey time of approximately ninety minutes.
Traveling by plane
Belleview is within easy reach of a number of international airports:
- Birmingham International Airport: 65 miles, approximately 60 minute drive;
- Heathrow International Airport: 96 miles, approximately 100 minute drive;
- Bristol International Airport: 44 miles, approximately 60 minute drive.
Belleview was launched as a Holiday Let with Character Cottages in September 2013 and is in the process of building up customer feedback. With its outstanding presentation and ideal location, we have little doubt that this property will be a favourite with guests.
Other Customer Feedback:
- "Thank you for a perfect weekend. My fiance and I came to Painswick for a weekend escape and it has been absolutely perfect. Belleview is just what we wanted, a cosy cottage that we could hibernate in. The cottage has everything we needed and so did the village. The views from the garden are spectacular, a real treat. We dont want to leave, but will definitely be back.", Pru & Adam, May 2015
- "Dear Chris & Debbie, Thank you for allowing us to use your wonderful cottage for a few days for our first Cotswold stay. Used the restaurants in the village during the evening which were of very good quality. We walked over the Painswick beacon then over to Edge before returning to the cottage. The table and chairs in the garden were of great use during the early evening, fortunately the weather was kind for us. Once again thank you.", Alec & Nerys Hughes Bob & Nerys Gibbon (Wrexham North Wales), May 2015
- "Dear Chris & Debbie, What a lovely cottage, so well kept and clean. We have had the most relaxing and fun time as a group of friends, Just what we needed, we all hate our jobs and this has been a welcome distraction. We will recommend this wonderful cottage to our friends and family", From James & Lauren (Brighton) George & Dickie (Manchester), April 2015
- "Dear Chris & Debbie, Thank you for sharing your beautiful cottage. What a joy to stay somewhere so well looked after.and a place which is well loved by so many. I read other entries in this guest book, the cottage is beautiful, so homely, so tasteful, so quaint. We felt really at home, as soon as we arrived and have loved staying here for our honeymoon, The extra touches like toiletries, slippers and food on arrival really made a difference. Chris, it was lovely to meet you when when you came over to sort something out for us, you were very kind and helpful so thank you for that. We love it here and, as our first holiday as a married couple, we will have precious memories of our time here. We hope to come back. Thank you.", Emily & Nick Kenchington, Feb 2015