CUSTOMER NOTICE: THE OWNER HAS INFORMED US THAT FROM MID-FEB UNTIL THE EARLY MAY 2015, SHE IS HAVING SOME INTERNAL WORK DONE AT HER MAIN RESIDENCE. WHILST THIS SHOULD NOT IMPACT DOLLYS COTTAGE, SHE WANTED GUESTS TO BE AWARE PRIOR TO BOOKING.
Dolly's Cottage is a converted outbuilding, privately located in the large grounds of Nineveh Farm, on the outskirts of the picturesque Cotswolds village of Mickleton. The location is ideal for exploring some of England's finest countryside, towns and villages, being just three miles from Chipping Campden and eight miles from Shakespeare's Stratford-upon-Avon. Many beautiful walks can be taken directly from the doorstep of the cottage.
This former farm building has been lovingly and luxuriously renovated by its owner, to create a cosy and peaceful cottage, with glorious views over open fields. The peace and tranquility of the cottage are complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access (however the signal strength can be variable or weak), Freeview TV and a well equipped kitchen.
Dolly's Cottage sleeps a maximum of two people, in one bedroom, with one bathroom. Off street parking is available and there is a large private garden, with lovely views over fields. The cottage is an ideal retreat for a couple looking for a peaceful getaway.
The front door of Dolly's Cottage opens into the main living space of the cottage. The cottage contains two main rooms:
- Living/dining room/kitchen: A well designed and furnished room, which contains a large, comfy sofa, flat screen TV, fold away wooden dining table and two dining chairs. The well equipped, galley style kitchen contains an electric cooker and four ring induction hob, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, toaster and kettle;
- Bedroom: Contains a king size bed, with memory foam mattress. Double doors provide access and views over the cottage's private gardens, to the fields beyond. The bedroom has a very stylish wet room adjoining it, which contains a rain shower, wash basin and toilet.
Outside the cottage is a large, private garden area, with lovely views out over fields. There is a garden table and two chairs, two sun loungers and a charcoal barbecue (from April to September).
Security deposits are not required (please note that guests are still liable for any damage or additional cleaning required as a result of their actions).
The maximum occupancy of the property, including its grounds, is two guests. Please consult us prior to booking if you intend to have more than this number of guests at the property at any point during your stay, as additional charges may apply.
Regrettably, pets are not accepted.
Bed linen and towels
Bed linen and towels are provided for guests.
Arrival and departure times
Arrival time is after 3pm and departure time is by 10am. Access is via a key safe, therefore it does not matter if you are arriving late at night.
Bed sizes and configurations
- Wet room, with rain shower, wash basin and toilet
Heating, fuel and logs
The property has an oil fired central heating system. Electricity and oil are included in the rental price.
The property has free wireless internet access (however the signal strength can be variable or weak) and a Freeview TV.
There is no telephone at the cottage, however, mobile phone reception is generally OK.
The property has off street parking, close to the cottage.
Where a letting exceeds nine nights, a mid-stay clean, bed linen and towel change may be included in the price. Please check with us to confirm. Additional housekeeping services may be available on request.
Child friendly facilities
Regrettably, babies and children are not permitted at the cottage.
A small quantity of initial consumables is provided for your convenience (eg. bread, milk, tea, coffee, sugar, washing up liquid, soap, washing powder, toilet rolls, etc), however, you should not expect the quantity of these provisions to be sufficient for the duration of your stay.
Accessibility, health and safety
The cottage is on one floor only, with two steps up to the front door. The smoke detectors operate on a sound only basis and, therefore, those who have serious impairment of hearing may not be able to hear the alarm systems and could be at risk.
No smoking is permitted throughout the property, and the owner politely requests that guests do not bring any scented candles, incense sticks, or other similar products into the cottage.
In order to provide you with as much detail of our properties as possible, we sometimes use wide angle photography, which can make certain rooms, or spaces, appear larger than they actually are. Wherever possible, we try to include a floorplan, with detailed dimensions of rooms and areas. If you have any queries regarding the size of any rooms or spaces, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Dolly's Cottage is located just outside the peaceful North Cotswolds village of Mickleton.
Travelling by car
Mickleton is easily accessed by car, being located approximately five miles away from the A44 and seven miles away from the A429 (Fosse Way), which are two of the main roads through the North Cotswolds.
Travelling by train
The nearest railway station to Mickleton is Honeybourne (approximately three miles away), which has regular, direct services to London Paddington, with a typical journey time of approximately two hours.
Travelling by plane
Mickleton is within easy reach of a number of international airports:
- Birmingham International Airport: 38 miles, approximately 60 minute drive;
- Heathrow International Airport: 82 miles, approximately 100 minute drive;
- Bristol International Airport: 78 miles, approximately 100 minute drive.
or see Dolly's Cottage on HomeAway.co.uk
Dolly's Cottage was launched as a Holiday Let with Character Cottages in September 2013 and is in the process of building up customer feedback. With its outstanding presentation and ideal location, we have little doubt that this property will be a favourite with guests.
Other Customer Feedback:
- "Thank you again for a lovely welcome Donna. Dolly's Cottage is perfect! We'll be back soon most definitely!!! xx" - Megan & Calvin (Cardiff), January 2015
- "My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Dolly's Cottage and would recommend a stay here to any body. We were met by the lovely Donna who I might add made us feel very welcome. The cottage is finished to a very high standard and ideally located, home from home, brilliant. We enjoyed our stay so much, that we would not hesitate in going back." - Unsigned, Wallasey, Merseyside, August 2014
- "Thank you Donna we had a wonderfully relaxed few days, it was just what we needed. The cottages beautiful and the welcome was warm & friendly. We wish we could take the view from the bedroom window away with us. We can recommend the kings arms pub for food and was very quirky ! We will recommend you. Thank you" - Malc & Chris, June 2014
- "Thanks Donna for a warm welcome, thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Home from home. Bourton in the water and broadway were our favourites. Love the Cotswolds! We'll be back xx :) What a magnificent find, 100%happy. From the front door rabbits, kestrel,buzzards,hood crows , an estate in the making of mole hills!!!! Hidcote gardens 6 mins drive and a whole day out at Cotswold wildlife park , burford 30 mins away to the cleanest,prettiest zoo you will find. Warm welcome and such a pleasant stay." - Don & Pam Mulrooney
Our aim is for you to enjoy Dolly's Cottage as if it was your own home and this information is provided to ensure that you are aware of, and are able to use, all the facilities that are available.
|Main appliances, furniture and facilities|
|Charcoal barbecue (April-September)
||Bed linen, bath sheets and hand towels
||Four ring induction hob
|Fridge with freezer compartment
|Outdoor table and seating
||Wireless internet (signal can be weak)
||Washing up liquid
|J cloths & scourers
||Salt and pepper
||Small quantity of instant coffee
|Small quantity of sugar
||Small quantity of tea bags
|Other equipment and facilities|
|Appliance instruction folder