Fladbury Mill is a stunning, grade II listed mill, idyllically located on the banks of the River Avon, within 12 acres of beautiful gardens and meadows. The oldest part of the mill dates back to the 17th century, with the remainder of the property dating from the early 18th century. The owners of Fladbury Mill, who live in separate accommodation at the property, have lovingly restored the water wheel and the turbine at the mill, and this provides a significant proportion of the electricity used on the site. Fladbury Mill is located in the ancient village of Fladbury, in the peaceful Vale of Evesham, just two miles to the north of the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and close to Stratford-upon-Avon, the home of William Shakespeare.
In addition to the water wheel and the turbine, the mill has many character features, including oak floors, wooden beams and antique furniture. The character of the property is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, three flatscreen TVs and a contemporary kitchen.
The mill sleeps a maximum of seven people, in four bedrooms, with two family bathrooms. Off street parking is available and there is a large garden, with the mill stream running through it. Fladbury Mill is an ideal retreat for families or a group of friends, looking for a peaceful getaway.
The front door of Fladbury Mill opens into a large entrance hall, with lovely oak flooring. The following rooms are accessed from the entrance hall:
- Living room: With an oak floor, wooden beams and lovely windows looking out over the garden, this large room contains comfy seating for seven, a Freeview TV with DVD player, and an electric flame effect fire in a lovely red brick fireplace;
- Dining room: A dual aspect room, with views of the mill pond and the garden, this room contains a large polished wood table, with seating for up to seven guests;
- Kitchen: A modern, recently fitted kitchen, with lovely views of the river. Contains an electric hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge, fridge freezer, dishwasher, toaster, kettle and TV. There is an island in the kitchen, with bar stool seating, and an extending breakfast table, with seating for six;
- Laundry: Contains a washer dryer and a sink bench;
- Cloakroom: Accessed via the laundry, contains a toilet.
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Master bedroom: Contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 2: Contains a double bed and a hand basin;
- Bedroom 3: Contains 2 x single beds and a hand basin;
- Bedroom 4: Contains a single bed and a hand basin;
- Bathroom 1: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bathroom 2: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
The front door of the property leads out to the extensive gardens of Fladbury Mill, which are on one side of the river, with a mill pond and stream, in a stunning setting. Guests are allowed to fish from the grounds of the property in the river. During the warmer months of the year, there are two outdoor tables, both with seating for eight. The active turbine and waterwheel can be viewed from the garden and guests can make arrangements with the owner to see the full workings of the mill. There is off street parking within the grounds of the mill for three cars.
The owner, a former architect, has prepared the following floorplan sketches of the property:
The property is located on the banks of the River Avon, in an area that occasionally experiences temporary flooding. It is therefore possible that, on rare occasions, access to the property may not be possible, in which case the owners would have to cancel any bookings at the property. A full refund would be provided in such exceptional circumstances.
Arrival and departure days
Standard arrival days are Fridays and Mondays, with standard holiday durations being:
- three night weekends commencing on a Friday;
- four day mid-week breaks commencing on a Monday;
- week long breaks commencing on either a Friday or a Monday.
Flexible arrival and departure days may be possible – please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Security deposits are not required (please note that guests are still liable for any damage or additional cleaning required as a result of their actions).
The maximum occupancy of the property, including its grounds, is seven guests, at any point during your stay. Unauthorised over occupancy is a breach of our terms and conditions and may result in the cancellation of your booking and additional charges. Please consult us prior to booking if you wish to discuss the possibility of having more than seven guests at the property.
Infants who sleep in a cot do not count towards the occupancy figure, however, due to space restrictions, the occupancy figure may only be exceeded by up to one additional infant.
Regrettably, pets are not accepted.
Bed linen and towels
Bed linen and towels are provided for guests.
Arrival and departure times
Arrival time is after 3pm and departure time is by 10am.
Bed sizes and configurations
- Master bedroom: King size bed
- Bedroom 2: Double bed and hand basin
- Bedroom 3: 2 x single beds and hand basin
- Bedroom 4: Single bed and hand basin
- Bathroom 1: Bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin
- Bathroom 2: Bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin
The property has a gas and electric central heating system. Electricity and gas are included in the rental price.
The property has free wireless internet access and three Freeview TVs, with a DVD player in the living room.
There is no telephone at the property and guests should be aware that mobile phone reception can be very poor within the property. The signal is generally better outside, in the garden.
The property has off-street parking for three cars. Additional off-street parking space can be provided upon request.
The holiday home is a large portion of the mill, with the remainder of the property comprising of the owners' accommodation and the working water wheel and turbine. The holiday home is entirely self-contained, with its own entrance and large gardens. By arrangement, the owners are happy to give guests a tour of the water wheel and turbine, which they restored and maintain themselves.
Where a letting exceeds seven nights, a mid-stay clean, bed and towel change are included in the price. Additional housekeeping services may be available on request.
Child friendly facilities
The property accepts children of all ages, however, guests requiring travel cots or high chairs must bring their own.
Guests have the right to fish from the garden of Fladbury Mill.
A small quantity of initial consumables is provided for your convenience (eg. tea, coffee, sugar, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, washing powder, toilet rolls, etc), however, you should not expect the quantity of these provisions to be sufficient for the duration of your stay.
Accessibility, health and safety
Guests should be aware that the fast flowing and deep River Avon flows through the garden of the property. There are no barriers between the garden and the river, and the wooden jetty can be slippy, therefore all guests should take great care near the river. Children should be carefully supervised at all times, when outdoors.
This is an old, Grade II listed property and has many character features, including low beams and doors, and multiple floors, which could pose difficulty to guests with limited mobility, or carrying babies, both in terms of their general movement and their ability to quickly exit the house in the event of an emergency.
The smoke and CO detectors operate on a sound only basis and, therefore, those who have serious impairment of hearing may not be able to hear the alarm systems and could be at risk.
No smoking is permitted throughout the property.
In order to provide you with as much detail of our properties as possible, we sometimes use wide angle photography, which can make certain rooms, or spaces, appear larger than they actually are. Wherever possible, we try to include a floorplan, with detailed dimensions of rooms and areas. If you have any queries regarding the size of any rooms or spaces, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Fladbury Mill is located in Fladbury, approximately three miles west of Evesham and 12 miles south-east of Worcester.
Travelling by car
Fladbury is easily accessible by car, being located approximately 10 miles away from the M5 and 24 miles away from the M40.
Travelling by train
The nearest railway stations to Fladbury are Evesham and Pershore (approximately four miles away), which have regular, direct services to London Paddington, with a typical journey time of approximately 110 minutes (from Evesham).
Travelling by plane
Fladbury is within easy reach of a number of international airports:
- Birmingham International Airport: 35 miles, approximately 50 minute drive;
- Heathrow International Airport: 93 miles, approximately 120 minute drive;
- Bristol International Airport: 70 miles, approximately 90 minute drive.
or see Fladbury Mill on HomeAway.co.uk