One of a short row of Cotswold stone cottages in a picturesque village, Robin Cottage is immaculately presented and has a beautiful, enclosed front garden. The village of Little Compton has a well-regarded pub, The Red Lion, as well as being located close to the beautiful market towns of Moreton-in-Marsh, Chipping Norton and Stow-on-the-Wold. Many walks through the stunning Cotswolds countryside are available on the doorstep and the cottage is within easy reach of numerous attractions.
Robin cottage dates back to 1842 and has recently been stunningly refurbished, to show off many character features, including exposed stone walls, wooden beams, oak doors and a wood burning stove in the living room. Complementing these character features, the cottage has modern facilities, including wireless internet access and Freeview TV.
Robin Cottage sleeps five people, in three bedrooms, with a beautiful family bathroom. There is plentiful, quiet street parking available. The cottage is an ideal location for a family holiday or for groups of friends seeking a beautiful country retreat.
Robin Cottage is accessed via a beautiful, enclosed, south facing front garden, which contains an outdoor table and seating.
The front door opens into a good sized hallway, off which the main open plan ground floor rooms are:
- Living room: a spacious, yet cosy room, with character features including oak beams, a wood burning stove and a lovely antique writing desk. There is comfortable seating for five and a Freeview TV, with DVD player. Oak doors open into a utility room, which includes a freezer and a washing machine;
- Dining room: Contains a wooden table, with seating for six, as well as a beautiful Welsh dresser. There are French doors leading out to the back garden and a flagstone floor, which runs into the adjoining open plan kitchen;
- Kitchen: Contains a large range cooker, microwave, toaster, dishwasher and fridge.
Returning to the hallway, stairs lead up to a lovely first floor landing, with exposed oak beams and stone walls. Leading off the landing are three bedrooms and a family bathroom:
- Bedroom 1: Contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 2: Contains two 75cm wide single beds, which can be joined together to form a king size bed;
- Bedroom 3: Contains a single bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, basin and toilet.
As well as the large front garden, there is also a rear courtyard garden, accessed via French doors from the dining room. This tranquil, gravelled area is enclosed (please note that there is a right of access through the garden for the next door neighbour) and contains an outdoor table and seating, a chiminea and a barbeque. There is a storage shed in the back garden, which contains a tumble dryer.
For bookings commencing more than 12 weeks in advance, a 30% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm the booking. The balance payment is then due 12 weeks prior to arrival.
All payments are made subject to the cancellation policy set out in the standard Booking Conditions.
Security deposits are not required (please note that guests are still liable for any damage or additional cleaning required as a result of their actions).
The maximum occupancy of the property is five guests, at any point during your stay. Unauthorised over occupancy is a breach of our terms and conditions and may result in the cancellation of your booking and additional charges. Please consult us prior to booking if you wish to discuss the possibility of having more than five guests at the property.
Infants who sleep in a cot do not count towards the occupancy figure, however, due to space restrictions, the occupancy figure may only be exceeded by up to one additional infant.
Regrettably, pets are not accepted.
Bed linen and towels
Bed linen and towels are provided for guests.
Arrival and departure times
Arrival time is after 4pm and departure time is by 10am. Access is via a key safe, therefore it does not matter if you are arriving late at night.
Bed sizes and configurations
- Bedroom 1: King size bed
- Bedroom 2: Two 75cm wide single beds OR one king size bed
- Bedroom 3: Single bed
- Family bathroom: Bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin
Heating, fuel and logs
The property has an electric central heating system.
Electricity and gas are included in the letting price. There is a wood burning stove in the living room and logs are provided under a fair usage policy (there is an honesty box for contributions towards the cost of logs used).
Please note that free logs are normally available, but, on occasion, there may be situations when the previous guests have used up all the logs and the log supply cannot be replenished immediately.
The property has free wireless internet access and a Freeview TV with DVD player. A cordless telephone is also provided, with an honesty box for the cost of calls made (there is an international bar on the telephone).
Guests should be aware that mobile phone reception can be very poor.
Free, quiet on-street parking is available, outside the cottage.
Where a letting exceeds nine nights, a mid-stay clean, bed linen and towel change may be included in the price. Please check with us to confirm. Additional housekeeping services may be available on request.
Child friendly facilities
A travel cot (without linen) and high chair are provided.
A small quantity of initial consumables is provided for your convenience (eg. tea, coffee, sugar, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, soap, washing powder, toilet rolls, etc), however, you should not expect the quantity of these provisions to be sufficient for the duration of your stay.
Accessibility, health and safety
Robin Cottage is an old property and has some features, including low beams and two floors, which could pose difficulty to guests with limited mobility, or carrying babies, both in terms of their general movement and their ability to quickly exit the house in the event of an emergency.
The smoke and CO detectors operate on a sound only basis and, therefore, those who have serious impairment of hearing may not be able to hear the alarm systems and could be at risk.
The low lying nature of the bedroom windows could pose a hazard to children. Window locks are provided and guests should be aware of the need to supervise children in these areas.
There is a brook, served by a culvert, on the opposite side of the road to the property, which could pose a hazard to children. Guests should be aware of the need to supervise children and it would be prudent to keep the front gate to the property shut.
No smoking is permitted throughout the property.
In order to provide you with as much detail of our properties as possible, we sometimes use wide angle photography, which can make certain rooms, or spaces, appear larger than they actually are. Wherever possible, we try to include a floorplan, with detailed dimensions of rooms and areas. If you have any queries regarding the size of any rooms or spaces, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Robin Cottage was originally launched as a Holiday Let with Character Cottages during Summer 2012. Following the sale of the property in late 2013, the cottage was re-lauched under new ownership from March 2014.
Other Guest Feedback:
-“What a beautiful cottage – in a wonderful location – Our stay was brief but we really enjoyed it and will definitely come back!”, Jimmy and Hannah, Surrey, October 2016
-“A lovely cottage in a perfect location. Lovely meal at red Lion. Really enjoyed National Trust properties, Hidcote and Snowhill. Thank you. We will come back one day.”, The Sheridan’s, Kent, October 2016
-“Thank you for a lovely stay. The location of the cottage was absolutely great. The fire created such warmth and encouraged such a homely feeling. Appreciated all the facilities and wished we could stay longer. Would love to come back, will pass this reference onto our families.”, Jan and Ted, Wellington, New Zealand, October 2016
-“A wonderful place in a wonderful location. Great starting point for walks. A visit to Hook Norton brewery is well worth it. Red lion pub food was lovely too.”, The Bennett’s, West Midlands, October 2016
-“Ideal cottage (quite beautiful) from which to explore. Local area and playground a “must” for small children. “, The Hankinson family, London, October 2016
-“Perfect little cottage for exploring the Cotswolds. Love the garden so we bought one of the plants from Hidcote. Enjoyed the farm park and wildlife park with the little’un. Dad enjoyed Broadway golf club.”, The Hesketh family, London, September 2016
-“A lovely cosy cottage, everything as it should be. We enjoyed our lovely weekend visiting local attractions.”, Heasman family, Sussex, August 2016
-“Many thanks for such a lovely stay. Our first family holiday and honeymoon. Beautiful cottage, beautiful area. Would love to comeback.”, Daryl and Charlotte, Macclesfield, August 2016
-“A fantastically comfortable holiday home – you have thought of everything. We have thoroughly enjoyed exploring this beautiful area and definitely hope to return.”, The Lewthwaite family, Shropshire, July 2016
-“Had a lovely holiday in your beautiful cottage. The Cotswolds is indeed a beautiful place. Perfect location for touring all the lovely villages. Loved the Red Lion and Greedy Goose. Everyone so friendly. Your cottage was so well equipped and spotless. We will love to return.”, The Goodman family, Essex, July 2016
-“Beautiful cottage, very enjoyable stay, weather great! Thank you for the lovely treats, kids loved the cake. A great time had by all the Loughlin family. Thanks again.” , Rodney, Angela, Lewis & Adam, July 2013
-“Staying in your beautiful cottage this week has been an absolute DREAM. It didn't hurt that the weather has been absolutely fantastic as well. We got to have breakfast in the front garden, watch the many stars at night in the back yard and we had a great time exploring the Cotswolds. I will be sharing some photos of the cottage on my personal style blog within the next few weeks so if you're interested to see house check out our www.fash-n-chips.com. THANK YOU!!”, Christine & family Reehurst, July 2013
-“Thank you for a lovely place to stay - we've so enjoyed the garden, the stove (cold enough even now!), local walks and the beautiful setting. It's been fantastically comfortable - a great place to celebrate a 70th birthday!”, Ben, Georgie, Selena, adam & Jenny ( & Anna & Tim visiting!), June 2013
-“Thank you so much for sharing your lovely cottage with us. We had a wonderful time here at your cozy cottage and enjoying the Cotswolds. Thank you for the lovely greeting of snacks and wine and milk. It was very useful as we arrived late. Hope to meet one day.”, The Campbell Family, June 2013
-“Like to thank you for a lovely and enjoyable stay. Hope to come back again. Beautiful lovely & cosy cottage.”, Many thanks Liam, Annie & Anna, May 2013
- “Great stay - Loved the Cotswold towns & architecture. Friends re-united!”, Dean, Andrea, Lucy, Adiyah, Elsa & John, May 2013
- “Totes Amaze-balls!", Tonia, TyTy, Martin, Gulsen & David, May 2016
- “Wonderful cottage! Glorious weather, what more could we desire? We enjoyed every minute of our stay. Greetings from Holland!!!”, Hannah, Derk, Ceesu, Evelijn & Caroline, May 2013
- “We had a very happy break - the children loved it, as did we. Very well laid out and altogether great.”, Al, Lucy, Bruno & Frankie, April 2013
- “Perfect little cottage - great for a weekend away. love the interior design - gorgeous. I'd love to return.”, Victoria – London, April 2013
- “We had a lovely stay, the cottage was lovely and cosy. Thank you.”, John & Mary - Co Galway, Ireland, April 2013
- “We had a great time here in this lovely cottage. Everything worked perfectly and we slept especially well in the beds. We hope to visit it again during summer as the weather was cold. Many thanks!”, Braudur, Anna, Emilia, Alma, Tomas & our dog, March 2013
- “We had a lovely time and the cottage is beautiful. Our fire building skills left a lot to be desired!”, Holly, Laura, Fiona, Sarah & Mattie, March 2013
- “Chris, Sam, Harv the dog from Nottingham. Had a fab time - really homely and relaxing cottage. a few further instructions would be useful - re oven, recycling etc. But had a great time! Many thanks!”, February 2013
*Owners' note; if the oven instructions have turned up in someone's suitcase, we'd be so grateful if you could return them! Very good point re re-cycling - will discuss feasibility with housekeeper
- “We had a lovely short break at Robin Cottage. The weather was very kind to us although very cold! The cottage was very comfortable abd warm and cosy and supplied everything that we needed. Having the phone was an added bonus as mobile signal non existent but good to know that our family at home could reach us in an emergency. a wonderful stay, Thank you x”, February 2013
- “Thank you for a lovely weekend apart from the weather which was awful, we had a lovely weekend. The cottage was perfect, everything we needed. the only thing we couldn't find was the stair gate.”, Julia, Natalie, Hugh, Nasad & Luca x, February 2013
- “Thank you so much for a fabulous stay - beautifully designed cottage in an idyllic location. we really appreciated all of your little kind touches - the wine and nibbles went down well! Very peaceful spot & we slept very well in the lovely beds with soft sheets. Heavenly! Thanks again & we will be back!”, Anna & Henry, London, February 2013
- “Thank you very much for a wonderful few days. Loved the snow, fire, the beauty the peace & your gorgeous cottage.”, Lauren, Sarah, Kel, Mel & Teneka, January 2013
- "We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again in the future. Thanks very much.", Jonathon, December 2012
- "We enjoyed our stay very much, very nice cottage, high standard and all items you need for a comfortable stay. The only bad point was the weather, that let us down, but the property was perfect, we left a positive message in the book in Robin cottage too!" - Roel, December 2012
- “Thank you for an amazing stay, and a relaxing break. This cottage truly felt home from home! We hope to see you again.”, Jemma, Jon and Rocky, December 2012
- “Wonderful cottage, very neat, well stocked. One of the cleanest we have stayed in. Apart from the English weather, a great week we had. “, Family Huismann, Netherlands, November 2012
- “Thank you for a wonderfully quiet and relaxing cottage. The Red Lion is certainly recommended for food and service.”, Andrew and Anne, November 2012
- "Very sorry for late reply, yes we did enjoy our stay at Robin Cottage very much. The Cottage was very well equipped, clean and we found everything we needed. Nothing to complain about at all. Will definetely return to England next year, probably to a different area to see something new. Kind regards" - Ursula, October 2012
- “A beautiful cottage and wonderful village. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return.”, Jamie and John, Atlanta, USA, October 2012
- “A lovely cottage, fantastic pubs and beautiful walked in the countryside. What else do you need other than more time.”, Jen, Ian and Blue, October 2012
- “Had a fantastic time celebrating my 40th birthday with family. Cottage has everything, couldn't have asked for more. Thank you! x”, October 2012
- “THANK YOU - gorgeous cottage, lovely relaxing break. Thank you.”, Strawberry and Simon Orr, Fulham, September 2012
- “Lovely comfortable cottage in a beautiful part of the world with a v good local pub, and the weather was kind. Doesn't get much better than that.”, M&N Hysel, September 2012
- “The location and area are extremely beautiful. Thank you for providing such comfortable accommodations.”, Brian, Toronto, September 2012
- “This was mine and Paul's second time in the Cotswolds - last time we stayed in a hotel but now we have four Robin Cottage, we know we will return here. The cottage was ideal - clean, cozy and very relaxing. This time we were accompanied by our friend from Canada, and the cottage was well situated for touring and exploring the Cotswolds. Still plenty to see in the area so we will be back.”, Tracy and Paul Wright, London, August 2012
- “We gratefully enjoyed our visit at Robin Cottage. It was a warm and cozy place. The smallness of the cottage made it seem very countryside type. The beds were cozy and warm. Robin Cottage was a nice place to stay at Cotswold. The cottage was full with all the needings which was very helpful. It was a beautiful sight to see the gardens. Thank you for having us as your grateful guests.”, The Kim family, August 2012
- “Thanks for a lovely stay, we have enjoyed the comfort of the cottage and the surrounding countryside It was an unexpected pleasure to meet Richard, and his recommendation of Wyatt's farms hope (nearby at the Rollrights) was excellent.”, Bernadette and Nigel Cass, York, August 2116
- “Very excited to be your first visitors! Absolutely gorgeous cottage - so comfortable and homely. We can thoroughly recommend a day trip to Bourton, especially if you have young children. A visit to Daylesford farmshop is also an experience not to be missed! Will be back!”, Leanne, Stephen, Finlay, 6, Amelie, 3, Southampton, August 2012