Alice Cottage is set on a hillside, with views out over the rooftops of Blockley, to the woods and fields beyond. The village is a hidden gem, being set well away from major roads and is very peaceful and picturesque, yet it is large enough to have two pubs, a restaurant and a community owned village shop and café, as well as a historic Norman church. Blockley is close to the popular Cotswold market towns of Moreton-in-Marsh, Chipping Camden and Stow-on-the-Wold, and many beautiful countryside walks are right on the doorstep. It is also well located for further afield destinations, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford or Blenheim Palace.
Dating back to the 19th century, Alice Cottage has been extensively refurbished, whilst retaining traditional features, including wooden beams and a stone fireplace, with wood burning stove. The character features are complemented by gas central heating, a well equipped kitchen, wireless internet access and an LED HD Freesat TV, with DVD player.
The cottage sleeps up to three people, in two bedrooms, with one bathroom, and is a cosy, tranquil retreat for a couple or a small family.
Alice Cottage is one of a handful of cottages set on a small quiet lane, yet only moments from Blockley's historic high street. There is one shared parking space in front of the cottage and additional, free street parking is readily available. A path through the garden leads to the front door, which opens into the sunroom and the rest of the ground floor:
- Sunroom: South facing and looking out to the garden, with exposed stone walls and a clear roof, this is a lovely room to relax in, whatever the season. Contains a wooden table and two chairs;
- Living room/dining room/kitchen: The heart of this cosy cottage, the living room area contains comfy seating for three people, a wood burning stove and an LED HD Freesat TV, with DVD player. There is a fold away table, for formal dining. The kitchen area is very efficiently and practically arranged, and includes a 2-ring electric hob, electric oven, Smeg fridge/freezer, microwave, Miele washing machine/tumble dryer, toaster and kettle. There is also a radio with an iPod dock.
Stairs lead up from the kitchen area to a small first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Master bedroom: Contains a double bed and plenty of storage space. There is also a radio with an iPod dock;
- Bedroom 2: A small room, which contains a 75cm wide single bed and a bedside cabinet with drawers;
- Bathroom: Although small, the bathroom has been well designed, to include a shower, small basin and toilet.
Alice Cottage's small, enclosed garden is well proportioned with a raised terrace to take advantage of the lovely far reaching rural views and to provide a beautiful south facing outdoor seating area, with a table, wooden bench, two chairs and a charcoal BBQ.