April Cottage is a stunning property, which is believed to date back approximately three hundred years and combines a mixture of traditional timber frame and Cotswold stone building styles. The cottage is located on a quiet lane, close to the beautiful local church, in the picturesque Cotswolds village of Mickleton. The location is ideal for exploring some of England's finest countryside, towns and villages, being just three miles from Chipping Campden and eight miles from Shakespeare's Stratford-upon-Avon. Many beautiful walks can be taken directly from the doorstep of the cottage.
April Cottage has been beautifully decorated and furnished by its owners, to highlight its wealth of traditional character whilst creating a stylish, welcoming environment. The many character features include the original oak beams and frames, exposed Cotswold stone walls, flagstone floors and a stunning inglenook fireplace. This character is complemented by modern facilities, including wireless internet access, underfloor heating, a flatscreen TV and a well presented kitchen.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of six people, in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms. There is a small, enclosed garden and off-street parking for two cars, with free on street parking also readily available. April Cottage is perfect for groups of friends, couples or a family, looking for a beautiful, traditional property in a fabulous location.
The front door of April Cottage is accessed via the garden and opens into the living room. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living room: Exuding traditional character, the living room contains oak beams and frames, exposed Cotswold stone walls, flagstone floors and a stunning inglenook fireplace with a wood burning stove. There is also underfloor heating, comfy seating for six and a flatscreen TV with a DVD player;
- Dining room: With the same character as the living room, the dining room also has underfloor heating and a beautiful dining table with seating for six;
- Kitchen: A later addition to enlarge the cottage, the well presented kitchen contains a four ring gas hob, electric cooker and grill, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster and a Nespresso coffee machine (without capsules);
- Utility room: Contains a washing machine, tumble dryer and a clothes drying rack;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet, with a wash basin just outside the door.
Relatively steep stairs wind up to the first floor, off which are the following rooms, all beautifully set in the eaves of the cottage, surrounded by lovely oak beams:
- Master bedroom: Contains a king size bed, one large wardrobe, and an ensuite bathroom,with a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: Contains a double bed and a wardrobe;
- Bedroom 3: Contains two single beds and a chest of drawers
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
April Cottage's enclosed garden is at the front of the property, with peaceful views down the lane and towards the church. The garden is mostly paved and contains a table and seating for six. A charcoal barbecue is provided during the warmer months of the year. Next to the garden is an off-street parking area, with space for two cars.