Bag End is a beautiful Cotswold stone property, which offers large, flexible accommodation, with a stunning walled garden, right in the heart of Stow-on-the-Wold. From the road, the property looks like a normal Cotswold cottage, however once you step inside the true size of the property starts to reveal itself, as you walk through the two bedroomed main house, into the large garden and then on into the additional cottage, which provides another bedroom and a sofa bed, and can be an entirely self-contained annexe, if required. Stow-on-the-Wold is possibly the most famous of the many Cotswold market towns, well known for its wide range of restaurants, pubs and antique shops. Stow sits at the top of a hill in the heart of the North Cotswolds, with many beautiful countryside walks straight from the town, and it is ideally located for exploring the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Bath.
Bag End is a traditional Cotswold stone property and both the main house and the cottage contain a wealth of character features, including exposed stone walls, oak beams, flagstone flooring and wood burning stoves in both the house and the cottage. The property also has original French antique furniture, local wool soft furnishings and original art work. Complementing this traditional character, the property has modern facilities, including wireless internet access, four flatscreen TVs with DVD players, and well presented kitchens in both the main house and the cottage.
Bag End sleeps a maximum of 6+2 people, in two bedrooms in the main house, plus one bedroom and an additional sofa bed in the cottage. There are two bathrooms in the main house and an ensuite bathroom in the cottage. A particular feature of the property is its beautiful walled garden, which is much larger than for most comparable properties in Stow. Free street parking is available outside, or close to the house. Bag End is a beautiful property for groups of friends or larger families to relax in and enjoy a lovely break in the heart of the Cotswolds.
The front door of Bag End opens into a small hallway, which then leads into the living room of the main house. The following rooms are on the ground floor of the main house:
- Living room: A beautiful room, with flagstone floor, oak beams and a large Cotswold stone fireplace, which contains a cosy gas flame fire. There is seating for 6-8 and a flatscreen TV with DVD player;
- Dining room: Accessed directly from the living room and adjoining the kitchen, the sociable dining room contains a large wooden table with seating for eight and there is a stone fireplace with a wood burning stove;
- Kitchen: A stylish galley kitchen, which opens into the dining room, and contains an electric oven, four ring gas hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster and a Nespresso machine (without capsules);
- Conservatory: Accessed from the dining room, the wooden conservatory is a lovely room to relax in, with underfloor heating enabling it to be used throughout the year. The beautiful walled garden is accessed from the conservatory.
Stairs lead up from the living room to the first floor landing. There is a washing machine/tumble dryer in a cupboard and two rooms lead off the landing:
- Bedroom 1: Contains a king size bed and a flatscreen TV with a DVD player;
- Family bathroom: A large, smart bathroom, which contains a lovely slipper bath with handheld shower attachment, toilet and wash basin.
Further steep stairs lead up from the first floor landing to the second floor bedroom:
- Bedroom 2: In the eaves of the cottage, with some low beams, this room contains a double bed and a flatscreen TV with a DVD player. There is an ensuite bathroom with a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
Heading out through the conservatory and walking across the garden leads to the cottage. The front door opens into the living room and there are two rooms on the ground floor:
- Living room: A stunning, double height room, with oak flooring and an exposed Cotswold stone fireplace, with a wood burning stove. There is comfy seating for four, including a sofa bed, which provides the +2 sleeping space. In addition, there is a dining table, with seating for four;
- Kitchen: Accessed directly from the living room, the well presented kitchen contains an electric oven, four ring electric hob, dishwasher, fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster and Nespresso machine (without capsules).
An ornate, steep spiral staircase leads up from the living room to the first floor:
- Bedroom 3: This lovely galleried bedroom overlooks the living room. In the eaves of the cottage, with beautiful oak beams and a Juliette balcony, the bedroom contains either two single beds or a super king size bed.
- Bathroom: Accessed from bedroom 3, the bathroom contains a walk-in shower, toilet and double wash basin.
Bag End's stunning walled garden sits between the main house and the cottage, offering an oasis of peace and tranquillity in the heart of Stow-on-the-Wold. Containing a beautiful combination of paving, plants and seating areas, there is a large outdoor table and six chairs, with a parasol, a further small table and two chairs as well as a charcoal barbecue. The garden also has a separate side access route.