Bakers Cottage is at the end of a row of traditional Cotswold stone cottages, on a narrow lane in the heart of the beautiful village of Minchinhampton. The village is located away from major roads and is surrounded by the stunning Cotswolds countryside, including Minchinhampton Common, where cows graze freely in summer, and Princess Anne's Gatcombe Estate, home of the famous horse trials. The village is also well placed for visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as the famous spa towns of Bath and Cheltenham.
The cottage has been beautifully furnished and decorated by its owner, to create a contemporary yet cosy feel, whilst maintaining its traditional character features, including exposed Cotswold stone walls, stone mullion windows, oak beams and a wood burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV and a well presented kitchen.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of four people, in two bedrooms, with one bathroom, and benefits from an enclosed back garden. Free on street parking is readily available. Bakers Cottage is an ideal retreat for friends, couples or a small family, looking for a peaceful getaway in a beautiful area.
The half stabled front door of Bakers Cottage opens directly into the living room. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living room: A beautiful room, which exudes traditional character, including an exposed Cotswold stone wall, wooden floor, stone mullion window and wood burning stove. There is comfy seating for four and a Freeview TV with DVD player;
- Kitchen/dining room: Looking out to the back garden, the kitchen contains an electric oven, four ring electric hob, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, kettle and toaster. There is a wooden dining table, which can seat two/three when set up in the kitchen. If the table if set up in the living room, it can seat four, with two people sitting on the window seat;
- Utility room: Contains a washing machine and a tumble dryer.
Stairs lead up from the ground floor to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 2: A characterful room, with a lovely window seat and wooden beams, which contains a double bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
A further set of stairs leads up from the first floor, opening directly into the master bedroom:
- Master bedroom: A beautiful room, in the eaves of the cottage (with a low beam as you enter the room), which contains a king size bed.
Bakers Cottage's enclosed garden is accessed from the kitchen and consists of two areas: a small courtyard area immediately outside the back door, and then relatively steep steps lead up to a lawned area, which has a wooden table and four chairs, with beautiful views of the local church. There is a charcoal barbecue during the summer months.