Bank Cottage is a stunning Cotswold stone property, built in the 1880s, which sits on a quiet village lane that runs alongside the River Coln. This large, detached property is located in a small, pretty hamlet a mile away from the heart of the popular Cotswold village of Bibury, once described as "the most beautiful village in England". The views from the cottage and its elevated garden are stunning and the surrounding countryside is a haven for nature lovers, with lots of space, walking routes, and wildlife. Bank Cottage is ideally located for exploring the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Bath, Blenheim Palace, and Stratford-upon-Avon.
This beautiful cottage is a showcase to stylish interior design, using colour and natural materials to harmonise with the traditional character of the cottage, which includes a large Cotswold stone inglenook fireplace with a wood burning stove, exposed oak beams, and ledge and brace doors. The overall style is a mix of English/Italian country, with walls painted in lime and chalk paints, dark blue-grey carpets, rustic vases and shelves of books. The character and style is complemented by modern facilities, including wireless internet access, flatscreen TV and DVD player.
Bank Cottage sleeps a maximum of eight people, in four bedrooms, with two bathrooms and a ground floor cloakroom. There is a large enclosed garden, with stunning views, and ample off-street parking is available. The cottage is ideal for families with older children, or groups of friends seeking a truly luxurious holiday home, in the heart of the stunning Cotswolds region.
Bank cottage is accessed via a private driveway, which leads to a gravelled parking area at the end of the cottage, with space for several cars. There is a paved terrace at the front of the property, with a wooden bench. The front door opens into a hallway, off which are the following ground floor rooms:
- Living room: A beautiful cosy room, which takes advantage of the lovely views from its windows. With stunning style and furnishings, the room contains a large inglenook fireplace with a woodburning stove, two large comfortable sofas and a chair, a flatscreen TV with DVD player and a Bluetooth sound player, as well as board games and books;
- Kitchen/breakfast room: A light and well-proportioned room, with beautiful open countryside views, which is equipped with an electric range cooker, a six ring induction hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, food processor, and a combined washing machine/tumble dryer. There is also a lovely large breakfast table with four comfortable chairs;
- Dining room: Double doors lead from the kitchen into another well-proportioned room, again with stunning views. Sumptuously furnished and decorated, the room contains a large wooden dining table, with comfortable seating for eight and an Emma Bridgewater dinner set. A door leads out from the dining room to the side of the cottage;
- Cloakroom: contains a toilet and wash basin.
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the first floor landing, leading to the following rooms:
- Master bedroom: A large, beautifully decorated room, with exposed oak beams and stunning views of the countryside, which contains a super king size bed, a separate area with a washbasin, and a built-in closet;
- Bedroom 2: As with all the bedrooms, this room has lovely views, and contains a king size bed and exposed oak beams. A door from bedroom 2 provides internal access to bedroom 3;
- Bedroom 3: Accessed internally via bedroom 2, or from outside via an external door into the ensuite bathroom, this bedroom contains a super king size bed. The luxurious ensuite bathroom contains a roll-top bath with hand-held shower attachment, wash basin and toilet;
- Family bathroom: A beautiful room, which contains a roll top bath, walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
Stairs lead up from the first floor landing to the second floor:
- Bedroom 4: A beautiful eaves room, with exposed oak beams and lovely views of the river, which contains a king size bed.
Steps rise up behind the property to give access to the large elevated garden, which has spectacular views of the open countryside, and is mostly laid to lawn and surrounded at the back and sides by mature trees and bushes. There is a decked seating area with a table and a lounge set that seats eight people, plus a charcoal barbecue.