Barnsley Cottage is a large and stylish grade II listed Cotswold stone property, with a large, fully enclosed garden. The cottage is located in the lovely village of Barnsley, which is fortunate to contain one of the best pubs in the Cotswolds, as well as the highly regarded Barnsley House hotel, with its excellent restaurant and spa facilities. Barnsley is in the heart of the Cotswolds, surrounded by lovely countryside and close to the beautiful Coln Valley, whilst also being only four miles from Cirencester, the largest market town in the region. Barnsley Cottage is ideally located for exploring the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Bath, Blenheim Palace, Oxford and Shakespeare's Stratford-upon-Avon.
This characterful detached property has two reception rooms and a spacious kitchen, making it perfect for spending time with family and friends. There are an abundance of character features, including exposed Cotswold stone, oak beams and a large wood burning stove. The traditional character is complemented by modern facilities, including wireless internet access, three Freeview TVs and the large well presented kitchen.
Barnsley Cottage sleeps 10+1 people, in five bedrooms, with three bathrooms (with the +1 option being a day bed in bedroom 1). There is an established garden at the rear of the property and a driveway with space for three cars. Barnsley Cottage is perfect for a large family or a group of friends looking for a relaxing break in the heart of the Cotswold countryside.
Barnsley Cottage is a large detached property, which is accessed through its large garden. The front door opens into a hallway, which leads to the following rooms on the well laid out ground floor:
- Living room: The large living room is open plan to the kitchen/dining room, creating a lovely, sociable area. Full of character, this room contains large oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone walls, a flagstone floor and a large wood burning stove. There are two three-seater sofas and a further large sofa, plus a Freeview TV and DVD player, as well as a music system with CD player;
- Kitchen/dining room: In the centre of this room is a large dining table, with seating for 10, perfect for families and friends to gather around. The spacious kitchen area contains an electric range cooker with two ovens, a warming plate and five ring electric hob, a fridge, freezer, full size dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster. A Freeview TV and radio add to the homely feel of this area, and patio doors lead from the kitchen out to the patio outside;
- Family room: This second living room is perfect for adults and children alike to relax in. There is a large corner sofa, which seats five, an arm chair, a Freeview TV and an electric fire in this cosy room;
- Cloakroom/utility room: Contains a toilet, wash basin, washing machine and tumble dryer.
Stairs lead up to the first floor landing, off which there are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: A spacious room with a king size bed and a freestanding wardrobe. This room also contains an additional day bed, suitable for children;
- Family bathroom: This "Jack and Jill" bathroom has two doors and can be the ensuite to bedroom 1 or the main family bathroom. It has a beautiful free-standing bath, a separate walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: Another large bedroom, which contains a super king size bed. There is an ensuite bathroom, with a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 3: This pretty room can be set up as either two single beds or a super king size bed. It also has an ensuite bathroom, with a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
A further stair case leads up from the first floor landing to the following rooms in the beautiful eaves of the cottage:
- Bedroom 4: A characterful room with exposed Cotswold stone and oak beams, which contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 5: This bedroom is only accessible through bedroom 4, and is another lovely room with beautiful oak beams, which can be set up as either two single beds or a super king size bed.
Outside the cottage is a lovely large enclosed garden, with a patio area that contains a table and bench seating. There is a drive way just outside the garden, with parking for three cars.