Beehive Cottage is a quintessential Cotswold stone cottage, which is beautifully presented and is located in the small, picturesque village of Poulton, close to Cirencester, the largest market town in the Cotswolds. Although small, Poulton has a well-regarded pub, a village shop and Post Office, and there is a children's playground and playing field directly across the lane from the cottage. The village is very well placed for exploring the surrounding countryside, visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, or visiting famous places such as Bath, Oxford or Stratford-upon-Avon.
Beehive Cottage has been lovingly renovated by its interior designer owner, who has brought out all the traditional character of the cottage, including the stunning inglenook fireplace with a secret spiral staircase behind it, old oak beams and exposed Cotswold stone walls. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV and a well presented kitchen.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of 6+1 people, in three bedrooms (with the +1 being on a day bed in a twin bedroom), with two bathrooms. There is a beautiful, enclosed garden and off-street parking for two cars, with free on street parking readily available. Beehive Cottage is an ideal retreat for friends, couples or a family, looking for a luxurious holiday in a peaceful Cotswold village.
The front door of Beehive Cottage opens into the living room. The ground floor has flagstone tiling throughout and cast iron radiators. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living room: As with all the rooms, the dual aspect living room has been beautifully renovated to highlight its character features, in particular the wonderful inglenook fireplace with a wood burning stove. During the renovation, a secret stairway was discovered behind the fireplace, which provides an alternative route up to bedroom 3 (this staircase is narrow and steep, so a gate is available to prevent young children climbing on these steps). There is comfortable seating for six adults in the living room;
- Snug: The snug is socially located between the living room and the kitchen, and has a flatscreen TV with a DVD player, as well as lots of books and games. With comfortable seating for four, this room provides either a second living room to watch TV in, somewhere quiet to relax, or a sociable place to sit and chat to friends in the kitchen;
- Kitchen/dining room: A bright and spacious dual aspect kitchen/dining room, with lovely French doors out to the garden. The kitchen contains an electric range cooker, with a double oven and seven hobs, fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster. The large dining table seats up to eight adults in comfort and style;
- Bathroom 2: Contains a walk-in shower, toilet, wash basin and heated electric towel radiator. There is also a washing machine in this room.
The main staircase leads up from the rear of the living room to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1 (Butterfly room): A beautiful triple aspect room, which contains either a king size bed or two 75cm wide single beds;
- Bedroom 2 (Flora room): With a lovely exposed Cotswold stone wall, this room contains a double bed;
- Bedroom 3 (Forna room): A classic eaves room, with lovely oak beams, but sufficient head height to walk around, this room contains two single beds, as well as a day bed, which is a comfy sofa when not in use as a bed. A door at the back of the room gives access to the steep secret staircase, however, this door can be bolted to prevented young children opening it;
- Family bathroom: Another beautiful and relaxing room, which contains a bath, toilet, wash basin and heated electric towel rail.
The front door and the French doors from the kitchen both give access to the peaceful, enclosed garden. Containing a good mix of lawned, gravelled and planted areas, the garden has a table and seating for six, as well as a charcoal barbecue.
The gravel driveway provides off-street parking for two cars.