Belleview is part of a row of traditional Cotswold stone cottages, located on a peaceful lane, in the heart of the beautiful village of Painswick, well known as the "Queen of the Cotswolds" and famous for its 99 yew trees in the ancient churchyard. Many places within the village, including Belleview's garden, have stunning views out over the glorious countryside of the Painswick Valley. Belleview is well placed for exploring the surrounding countryside or visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds. The famous Cotswold Way footpath, which runs from Bath to Chipping Campden, goes past the front door of the cottage.
The cottage has been lovingly renovated by its owner, to highlight its traditional character features, including exposed Cotswold stone walls and oak beams, wooden doors and a large inglenook fireplace. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, two flatscreen TVs and a well equipped kitchen/dining room.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of four people, in two bedrooms, with one bathroom. Please note that children under the age of 10 are not permitted at Belleview. Quiet on street parking is freely available. Belleview is an ideal retreat for couples, or a small family with older children, looking for a peaceful getaway.
The front door of Belleview opens into the living room. The following rooms are downstairs:
- Living room: The beautiful living room is full of character, including exposed Cotswold stone walls and an inglenook fireplace. The fireplace contains an electric, flame effect fire and there is comfy seating for four;
- Kitchen: The well equipped kitchen contains a gas range cooker and five ring hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, toaster, kettle and washing machine. The kitchen also contains a fold away wooden dining table and four dining chairs.
Steep wooden stairs lead up from the living room to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 2 (Bluebell): Contains beautiful exposed stone walls and a double bed;
- Bathroom: Contains a bath with shower attachment, a separate walk-in shower, a toilet and a wash basin.
A further steep staircase leads up from the first floor, directly into the Master bedroom:
- Master bedroom (Forget Me Not): A stunning eaves room, with exposed oak beams and stone walls. Contains a king size bed.
The back door leads out of the kitchen, into the peaceful multi-level garden. Steep steps lead up to the top of the garden, from which there are fabulous views over the rooftops to the glorious countryside beyond. There is a garden table and four chairs, and a charcoal barbecue.