Bluebell Cottage is a traditional Cotswold stone cottage, built to house the weavers who worked in the many silk mills of the beautiful village of Blockley. The cottage is one of a row on a quiet road and the rooms at the back of the cottage benefit from fabulous views of the surrounding Blockley Valley. The historic village of Blockley is very peaceful and picturesque, yet benefits from having two pubs and a community owned village shop & café, as well as a historic Norman church in the centre of the village. Numerous beautiful country walks are accessible directly from the cottage and Blockley is well located for visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds.
The cottage has been lovingly decorated and furnished by its owner, to highlight its traditional character features, including exposed Cotswold stone, wooden doors, a flagstone floor, and a wood burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a small flatscreen TV and a well presented kitchen.
Bluebell cottage sleeps a maximum of four people, in two bedrooms, with one bathroom. There is a lovely enclosed garden to the rear of the property and free on street parking is readily available. Bluebell Cottage is an ideal retreat for friends, couples or a small family, looking for a lovely cottage in a beautiful location.
The front door of Bluebell Cottage is accessed directly from the quiet road that the cottage sits on. The property sits on a hill and the front door opens into the first floor living room. Stairs lead down to the ground floor, with the following rooms:
- Living room/kitchen/dining area: The cosy heart of the cottage, this characterful room contains a flagstone floor, oak beams and a lovely wood burning stove in a Cotswold stone fireplace. This room is the main living space, with comfy seating for four, a dining table with seating for four and a well laid out kitchen, which contains a gas oven, four ring gas hob, fridge freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster and washing machine;
- Conservatory: Accessed from the living room and with French doors out into the garden, the conservatory has beautiful views of Blockley Valley and is perfect for relaxing in, whatever the weather.
Heading back up the stairs, the first floor contains the following rooms:
- Second living room: A lovely, peaceful room, with an oak floor and ornamental fireplace. There is a comfy sofa with seating for two and a small flatscreen TV, with a DVD player;
- Family bathroom: With lovely views of the countryside, the bathroom contains a bath, walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
Steep stairs lead up from the living room to the first floor and both bedrooms open directly onto the staircase:
- Bedroom 1: With a lovely oak floor and ornamental Cotswold stone fireplace, this room contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 2: With an oak floor and a cosy window seat, from which to admire the lovely views of Blockley Valley, this room contains a double bed.
Bluebell Cottage's enclosed garden is at the rear of the property, accessed through the conservatory, and has beautiful views across the Blockley valley. The garden contains a table and four chairs, as well as a sun lounger and a wooden bench. A charcoal barbecue is provided during the warmer months of the year.