Boxtree Cottage is a very peaceful property, set back from a quiet lane, in the small Cotswolds village of Hidcote Boyce. The village is surrounded by beautiful open countryside, with numerous walks right on the doorstep. Despite the tranquil setting, the cottage is only two miles from the historic market town of Chipping Campden, with its many restaurants, shops and beautiful buildings, and less than 10 miles from Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare. The cottage is also approximately one mile away from both the Ebrington Arms and The Three Ways House Hotel (home of the famous Pudding Club), two of the best places to eat in the North Cotswolds.
Dating from the 18th century, Boxtree Cottage has been beautifully refurbished and retains many character features, including a large stone fireplace with wood-burning stove, flag stone floors and ledge and brace doors. Complementing these period features, the house has modern facilities, including wireless internet access, TVs in most rooms and a beautiful kitchen.
Boxtree cottage sleeps up to three people, in a double room and a single room, and there is a lovely family bathroom. The cottage also has an enclosed garden, at the front of the house. The layout of the property makes Boxtree Cottage an ideal retreat for a couple, or a small family.
Boxtree Cottage is the third of four cottages in a row. A path leads from the lane past the first two cottages to the front door (the path terminates at the fourth cottage). The door opens into:
- Living room: A cosy, beautifully furnished room, with a flag stone floor, wooden beams, large stone fireplace with wood burning stove, and a flat-panel satellite TV with DVD player. The living room is also used for dining and it contains an extendable dining table, with seating for up to four people.
The living room then leads into:
- Kitchen: For a small cottage, the stylish kitchen is well equipped, including a cooker with hob, microwave, dishwasher and fridge.
A narrow, steep staircase leads up from the kitchen to a small first floor hallway, off which is:
- Bedroom 1: A cosy bedroom, with a wooden floor and a ledge and brace door, containing a king size bed and a flat panel TV with DVD player;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with shower attachment, basin and toilet, as well as a flat screen TV built into the wall.
The staircase continues up into the gable of the house, opening out to:
- Bedroom 2: Another cosy bedroom, with exposed beams, containing a single bed and a flat screen TV.
Heading back downstairs and out of the front door, across the path is a private enclosed garden, which is mostly paved and gravelled. There is an outdoor table and four chairs.
At the end of the garden is an outbuilding, which contains a freezer, a washing machine and a tumble dryer.