Castle Mews is a hidden gem of a cottage, at the end of a short row of cottages tucked away down a gated passageway, right in the heart of the lovely market town of Cirencester. In Roman times Cirencester was known as “Corinium”, when it was the second largest town in Britain, a history that is celebrated in its local museum. Nowadays, Cirencester is the largest town in the Cotswolds, enabling it to support a wide range of pubs, restaurants and shops, all housed in beautiful honey-coloured Cotswold stone buildings. The town is surrounded by stunning countryside and beautiful Cotswold villages, as well as being an ideal base for visiting further afield places, such as Bath, Oxford or even a day trip into London.
This traditional half-timbered cottage has many character features, including oak beams, ledge and brace doors, and exposed wall timbers. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a small flatscreen TV and a well presented kitchen.
Castle Mews sleeps a maximum of two people, in one bedroom, with a lovely bathroom, and there are courtyard gardens to both the front and the rear of the property. Car parking is available in either designated parking bays or a number of nearby car parks. This beautiful cottage is perfect for a couple looking for a relaxing break in the heart of one of England’s nicest market towns.
Castle Mews is very peacefully located, down a gated passageway off Castle street, a beautiful street in the heart of Cirencester. There is a lovely enclosed courtyard garden at the front of the cottage, which leads to the front door. The door opens into the open plan ground floor:
- Living/dining area: The relaxing living and dining space contains a comfy sofa, an armchair and a wooden dining table, with seating for two. Discretely hidden away in a wooden cabinet is a small SMART TV and DVD player;
- Kitchen area: The lovely kitchen area is very well laid out and contains a two ring induction hob, electric oven, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster and a washing machine/tumble dryer.
Stairs lead up from the living area to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom: A lovely eaves room, with oak beams and a ledge and brace door, which contains a king size bed;
- Dressing room: A nice additional space, which contains a sofa, a dressing table and a free standing towel rail;
- Bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Returning downstairs, a stable door leads out from the kitchen area to a small, enclosed courtyard garden at the back of the cottage, which contains a table and two seats. The garden area at the front of the cottage is larger and is a beautiful place to sit outside and relax, containing two comfy chairs and a small table.