With its origins dating back to the early 17th century, Chippy Cottage is one of a row of traditional Cotswold stone cottages, located on a quiet road in the heart of Chipping Norton, one of the famous market towns of the North Cotswolds. As well as having a wide range of shops, pubs and restaurants, Chipping Norton is ideally placed for exploring the Cotswolds region, whether walking, cycling or riding through the beautiful countryside, or exploring the many other lovely towns and villages just a short drive away. Chipping Norton is also well placed for visiting other world famous attractions, such as Blenheim Palace, the dreaming spires of Oxford, or Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare.
Chippy Cottage has been lovingly refurbished and furnished by its owners, to create a warm and cosy environment, whilst retaining the property's many character features, including exposed Cotswold stone walls, oak beams, wooden doors and an inglenook fireplace with a wood burning stove and traditional bread oven. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, an Apple TV, two SMART TVs and a small, yet well presented kitchen.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of six people, in three bedrooms, with one bathroom, and there is a small courtyard garden at the rear of the property. Free on street parking is available close to the cottage. Chippy Cottage is an ideal retreat for families and friends looking for a beautiful property, which is well located for exploring the Cotswolds region and beyond.
The front door of Chippy Cottage is accessed from a raised footpath in front of the cottage and opens into a small hallway. A second doorway then leads into the main ground floor space, which contains the following rooms:
- Living room: a lovely, cosy cottage living room, with exposed Cotswold stone walls, oak beams and an inglenook fireplace with a wood burning stove and traditional bread oven. There is comfy seating for six on two sofas and a window seat, and there is an Apple TV, with Freesat and a DVD player;
- Kitchen/dining room: The beautiful dining room contains an ornamental fireplace and a lovely window seat. There is a wooden dining table, which comfortably seats six. The new kitchen area is small, but has been very well designed to maximise the available space, and it contains an electric oven and grill, a four ring induction hob, fridge with freezer compartment, kettle, toaster and Nespresso coffee machine;
- Utility room: Contains a dishwasher, microwave and washing machine.
Wooden stairs lead up from the living room to the first floor landing space, which contains a lovely, quiet reading area. The following rooms are on the first floor:
- Bedroom 1: Contains a lovely window seat, SMART TV and a king size bed;
- Bedroom 2: Contains a beautiful oak timbered wall, window seat and two single beds;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
A wooden door on the first floor landing opens to reveal a staircase up to the second floor, which contains the third bedroom:
- Bedroom 3: In the eaves of the cottage, with lovely oak beams, a wooden floor, SMART TV and a king size bed.
Returning downstairs, a door leads out from the utility room to a small courtyard garden, with a table and four chairs. Although small, the garden can be a lovely suntrap, particularly in the summer.