Corn Close Cottage is a stunning, traditional Cotswold stone Cottage, located on a quiet lane in the heart of the beautiful North Cotswolds countryside, a mile away from the small village of Paxford and close to the well known market towns of Chipping Campden and Moreton-in-Marsh. All of the rooms in the cottage have views out over the large garden to the fields and woods beyond, and there are numerous walks and footpaths that can be accessed directly from the cottage. Corn Close Cottage is also ideally placed for visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as other famous places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Blenheim Palace and Oxford.
The recently refurbished cottage retains many character features, including oak beams, some exposed Cotswold stone walls and a very grand stone fireplace, containing a wood burning stove. This character has been complemented by the cottage's contemporary furnishings and by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV with DVD player, and a well presented kitchen.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of six adults + two children (see Description and Key Features below), in four bedrooms, with two bathrooms. There is plenty of off-street parking on the private driveway and a particular feature of the cottage is its large, enclosed garden. Corn Close Cottage is a beautiful, peaceful location for friends or families looking for a holiday in the Cotswolds.
The front door of Corn Close Cottage opens into a hallway, off which are the following ground floor rooms:
- Living/dining room: A long, dual aspect room, with the dining area closest to the kitchen, containing a wooden table and seating for six (two extra chairs from the kitchen can be added to seat eight). The living area features a grand Cotswold stone fireplace, with a cosy wood burning stove, and contains comfy seating for four/five, as well as a window seat. A door leads out from the living room to the garden;
- TV/play room: Accessed via a door from the living room, this room contains a TV with BT TV and a DVD player, as well as comfy seating for three adults. There is a door from the TV/play room out into the garden;
- Kitchen: The well presented kitchen has an oak floor, a large central island and wooden units. It contains two electric ovens, an electric grill, a four ring electric hob, a fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster. There is a large bay window, with a breakfast table and seating, which provides spectacular views across the gardens, and there is a door out into the garden;
- Utility room: Contains a combined washing machine/tumble dryer and a separate tumble dryer;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and a hand basin.
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Master bedroom: A dual aspect room, with lovely views and an ornate Victorian fireplace (not used), which contains a king size bed. There is an en-suite bathroom, which contains a bath with a shower attachment, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: A large room, with lovely views out of the windows, which contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 3: Contains two bunk-beds, which are not made up under the standard six guest occupancy of the cottage (see Key Features below);
- Family bathroom: Contains a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
The stairs continue up to the second floor and open out into:
- Bedroom 4: An eaves room with beautiful oak beams, which contains four single beds, all of which have low head height. Two of the beds form part of the standard six guest occupancy of the cottage and will always be made up, whereas the additional two beds can be made up for an additional cost, for children under the age of 16 only (see Key Features below).
Corn Close Cottage's large, enclosed garden is south facing, with beautiful views over the neighbouring fields and woods. Mostly laid to lawn, the garden contains a table with a parasol, seating for six and a charcoal barbecue. The gravel driveway is within the enclosed garden and contains ample parking space.