Digbeth Views is a stunningly presented Cotswold stone house, located above an antiques shop, in a pretty courtyard in the heart of the beautiful Cotswolds market town of Stow-on-the-Wold, surrounded by glorious countryside. Stow-on-the-Wold is one of the most famous of the Cotswold market towns, due to its beautiful buildings and large number of antique shops, pubs and restaurants. It is also well placed in the heart of the North Cotswolds and is an ideal location for exploring the surrounding countryside or visiting the many other beautiful towns and villages that are just a short drive away.
From the outside, Digbeth Views is a traditional Cotswold stone house, which, like many properties of its era, served as both a place of work and the family home. Nowadays, the family home is entirely self-contained, with a lovely entrance from the courtyard, and the property's interior has been stunningly transformed into a spacious, contemporary house. Wooden floors, oak beams and a designer stone wall provide a beautiful link to the property's historic character, and these features are complemented by the modern facilities available, including wireless internet access, four flatscreen TVs, underfloor heating and a well presented kitchen.
The house sleeps a maximum of 4+2 people, in two bedrooms and on a sofa bed in the living room, with two bathrooms. There is a roof terrace, with lovely views over the rooftops of Stow to the countryside beyond. Free on street parking is readily available a short walk from the property. Digbeth Views is an ideal choice for friends, couples or a family, looking for a beautiful property in the heart of the Cotswolds.
The front door of Digbeth Views is accessed from the lovely, paved courtyard and opens into a small hallway. Wooden stairs then lead up to the first floor hallway, off which are the following rooms:
- Living room: a spacious room, with a large oak beam, wooden floor with underfloor heating, and a window overlooking the courtyard below. There is comfy seating for six and a Freeview TV with a DVD player. One of the sofas opens up to form a double sofa bed, if required;
- Master bedroom: a stylish room, with a feature wall behind the bed and a wooden floor with underfloor heating, which contains a double bed and a Freeview TV. A wooden door leads into the large, contemporary en-suite bathroom, which has a bath with overhead shower, heated towel rail, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: another stylish room, with a wooden floor with underfloor heating, which also contains a double bed and a Freeview TV. Please note that this bedroom does not have a window, however, it does get natural illumination from a skylight;
- Family bathroom: contains a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
Stairs lead up from the first floor hallway to a small second floor landing/utility room. The following rooms are on the second floor:
- Utility space: contains a Belfast sink, washing machine and a tumble dryer;
- Kitchen/dining room: In the eaves of the house, this large room has been well designed and presented, with a wooden floor, LED lighting and Cotswold green kitchen units. The kitchen area contains a double electric oven, electric grill, five ring electric hob, microwave, fridge (please note that there is no freezer), kettle, toaster and dishwasher. The dining area contains a wooden dining table, with seating for six, and a Freeview TV.
A door leads out from the kitchen/dining room to the property's roof terrace, which has lovely views out over the rooftops of Stow to the countryside beyond. There is an outdoor table, with seating for six.