Dove Cottage is a lovely Grade II listed property, which is believed to have originally been part of a coaching inn dating back to the mid-18th century. The cottage enjoys a peaceful location, yet is just moments away from the centre of the historic market town of Broadway, with its wide range of art galleries, restaurants and pubs. The famed Cotswold Way walking path is also close by, as are many other scenic walks, and Broadway is well located for exploring all the lovely towns and villages of the North Cotswolds, as well as places such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick Castle and the dreaming spires of Oxford.
This lovely cottage has many character features, including exposed Cotswold stone walls, oak beams and a wood burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a curved TV and a well equipped kitchen.
Dove Cottage sleeps five people, in two bedrooms, with two lovely bathrooms. Stone benches at the front and back of the property provide outside seating space, and there are two allocated parking spaces. The cottage is ideal for a family with older children, or a small group of friends seeking a relaxing break in one of the Cotswolds’ loveliest towns.
Dove Cottage is located on a peaceful road, close to the heart of Broadway. The cottage is accessed either via its lovely oak front door, which opens into the living room, or the side door, which opens into a utility space next to the kitchen. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living room: This bright and spacious room has beautiful wooden doors, windows and alcoves, as well as a cosy wood burning stove. There is comfortable seating for five, on two sofas and an armchair, and there is a modern curved TV with a DVD player;
- Kitchen/dining room: Steps lead down from the living room into the kitchen diner, which contains a large dining table with seating for six. The well equipped kitchen has an electric cooker, a four ring ceramic hob, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher, kettle and toaster;
- Utility room: A hallway leads from the kitchen, past the back door, to the utility room, which has a toilet and wash basin, in addition to a washing machine and drying rack.
Stairs lead up from the ground floor to a small first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: A lovely bright room, with a super king size bed and an archway leading through to a dressing area. Steps lead down from the bedroom into the ensuite shower room, which contains a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: A dual aspect room, which contains a king size bed and a single bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with handheld shower attachment, toilet and wash basin.
At the side of the cottage there is an elegant wooden bench, providing a peaceful outdoor space to relax in, and in the cottage’s small front garden there is a stone bench to sit on and watch the world go by. Dove Cottage is also fortunate to have two allocated parking spaces, a rarity so close to the heart of Broadway.