Fairview Cottage is a truly stunning Cotswold stone cottage, perfectly located in the heart of the peaceful, picturesque village of Longborough, two miles north of the famous market town of Stow-on-the-Wold, and surrounded by the stunning countryside of the North Cotswolds. Longborough sits on the side of a hill, with lovely views over the Evenlode Valley and, despite being a small village, it is fortunate to have two pubs, a village shop and cafe, and a local farm shop. Many beautiful countryside walks can be accessed directly from the cottage, and it is ideally located for exploring the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Bath.
The cottage has recently been fully refurbished by its owners, who have expertly combined contemporary style and furnishings with the cottage’s traditional character, which includes original oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone walls and a beautiful inglenook fireplace, with a wood burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a curved TV and a well presented kitchen.
Fairview Cottage sleeps eight people, in four bedrooms, with three bathrooms. One of the bedrooms is in an annexe in the back garden, with its own bathroom. There is a lovely garden at the rear of the property and quiet on street parking is available outside or close to the cottage. Fairview Cottage is perfect for an extended family or for a group of friends looking for a relaxing break in a stunning cottage, in the heart of one the Cotswold’s loveliest villages.
Fairview Cottage is one of a short row of Cotswold stone cottages, located in the heart of the peaceful rural village of Longborough. The front door is accessed from the pavement and it opens into a small hallway, which then leads into the living room. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living room: A stunningly decorated and furnished room, with a wealth of traditional character, including oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone walls and a beautiful inglenook fireplace, with a wood burning stove. There are two lovely sofas, each seating 2/3, a comfy chair, and a large curved TV. Comfy chairs can also be brought through from the dining room, to provide additional seating;
- Kitchen and dining room: This large, sociable space looks out to the back garden and has been beautifully decorated. In the corner of the room is a lovely, large Chesterfield sofa, perfect for relaxing in. The well presented kitchen area contains a small breakfast bar with two stools, an electric cooker, four ring induction hob, full size fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster and Nespresso coffee machine. The dining area contains a round table, which comfortably seats six, and an additional two chairs are available to take the seating capacity to eight;
- Utility room: Leading through to the cloakroom, this convenient space contains a washing machine and a sink;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and a wash basin.
Stairs lead up from the ground floor to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1 (Moreton): Looking out over the back garden, with a sloping ceiling, this beautiful room contains a double bed and a comfy chair. There is an ensuite bathroom, with a walk-in shower, toilet, pedestal sink and heated towel rail;
- Bedroom 2 (Longborough): Stylish and elegant, this room contains a king size bed, a comfy chair and a large built-in wardrobe;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Further steep stairs lead up from the first floor landing to the second floor:
- Bedroom 3 (Bourton): Another stylish room, in the eaves of the cottage, with oak beams and low, sloping ceilings, which contains two single beds.
A half stabled door leads out from the kitchen to the back garden, which contains a lovely patio area, off which is the fourth bedroom annexe:
- Bedroom 4 (Stow): Beautifully decorated and fully insulated, with underfloor heating throughout, this bedroom contains a double bed, a comfy chair, small wardrobe and an ensuite bathroom, with a walk-in shower, toilet, pedestal sink and heated towel rail.
There is a large table on the patio, with seating for eight, and a charcoal barbecue. Beyond the patio area is a lawned garden area, with a lovely Cotswold stone wall at the end and a wooden bench.