Fladbury Mill is a stunning, grade II listed mill, idyllically located on the banks of the River Avon, within 12 acres of beautiful gardens and meadows. The oldest part of the mill dates back to the 17th century, with the remainder of the property dating from the early 18th century. The owners of Fladbury Mill, who live in separate accommodation at the property, have lovingly restored the water wheel and the turbine at the mill, and this provides a significant proportion of the electricity used on the site. Fladbury Mill is located in the ancient village of Fladbury, in the peaceful Vale of Evesham, just two miles to the north of the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and close to Stratford-upon-Avon, the home of William Shakespeare.
In addition to the water wheel and the turbine, the mill has many character features, including oak floors, wooden beams and antique furniture. The character of the property is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, three flatscreen TVs and a contemporary kitchen.
The mill sleeps a maximum of seven people, in four bedrooms, with two family bathrooms. Off street parking is available and there is a large garden, with the mill stream running through it. Fladbury Mill is an ideal retreat for families or a group of friends, looking for a peaceful getaway.
The front door of Fladbury Mill opens into a large entrance hall, with lovely oak flooring. The following rooms are accessed from the entrance hall:
- Living room: With an oak floor, wooden beams and lovely windows looking out over the garden, this large room contains comfy seating for seven, a Freeview TV with DVD player, and an electric flame effect fire in a lovely red brick fireplace;
- Dining room: A dual aspect room, with views of the mill pond and the garden, this room contains a large polished wood table, with seating for up to seven guests;
- Kitchen: A modern, recently fitted kitchen, with lovely views of the river. Contains an electric hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge, fridge freezer, dishwasher, toaster, kettle and TV. There is an island in the kitchen, with bar stool seating, and an extending breakfast table, with seating for six;
- Laundry: Contains a washer dryer and a sink bench;
- Cloakroom: Accessed via the laundry, contains a toilet.
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Master bedroom: Contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 2: Contains a double bed and a hand basin;
- Bedroom 3: Contains 2 x single beds and a hand basin;
- Bedroom 4: Contains a single bed and a hand basin;
- Bathroom 1: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bathroom 2: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
The front door of the property leads out to the extensive gardens of Fladbury Mill, which are on one side of the river, with a mill pond and stream, in a stunning setting. Guests are allowed to fish from the grounds of the property in the river. During the warmer months of the year, there are two outdoor tables, both with seating for eight. The active turbine and waterwheel can be viewed from the garden and guests can make arrangements with the owner to see the full workings of the mill. There is off street parking within the grounds of the mill for three cars.