Flax Cottage is a former weaver's cottage and is part of a row of traditional Cotswold stone cottages, located on a peaceful lane, in the heart of the beautiful village of Painswick. The village is well known as the "Queen of the Cotswolds" and is famous for its 99 yew trees in the ancient churchyard, as well as its stunning setting, surrounded by the glorious countryside of the Painswick Valley. Flax Cottage is well placed for exploring the surrounding countryside or visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds.
The cosy cottage has been beautifully redecorated and refurbished by its owners, to maximise the space and to highlight its character features, including stone mullion windows, exposed Cotswold stone walls, oak beams and a lovely wood burning stove. The traditional character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, two flatscreen TVs and a new kitchen.
Flax Cottage sleeps a maximum of five people, in three bedrooms, with one bathroom. There is an enclosed back garden and free on street parking is readily available. The cottage is an ideal retreat for friends, couples or a family with older children, looking for a peaceful getaway.
Please note that only children aged five and over are permitted at Flax Cottage.
The front door of Flax Cottage opens directly into the living/dining room. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living/dining room: This long room is full of character, including stone mullion windows, exposed Cotswold stone walls, oak beams and a lovely wood burning stove. At one end of the room is the living space, with the Cotswold stone fireplace, which contains comfy seating for five and a Freeview TV, with a DVD player. At the other end of the room is the dining area, which contains a large wooden table, with seating for six;
- Kitchen: Recently fitted, the well-designed kitchen contains an electric oven, four ring ceramic hob, microwave, dishwasher, small fridge freezer, kettle, toaster and washing machine.
Stairs lead up from the ground floor to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Master bedroom: Contains a double bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
A further, steep staircase leads up from the first floor to the second floor, which contains a further bedroom:
- Bedroom 2: A lovely eaves room, with oak beams and stone mullion windows, which contains two single beds. There are also two comfy chairs and a Freeview TV in the room;
- Bedroom 3: Contains a single bed;
Flax Cottage's enclosed steep garden is to the rear of the property and is accessed up three sets of steps. At the top of the garden is a seating area, with a table and seating for five. A charcoal barbecue is provided during the summer.