Forge Cottage is a lovely Cotswold stone property, managed by the neighbouring Guiting Guest House. The cottage is in the centre of the beautiful and peaceful village of Guiting Power, which is surrounded by the stunning countryside of the North Cotswolds. The well known market towns of Stow-on-the-Wold and Bourton-on-the-Water are both approximately six miles away and the cottage is well placed for exploring the entire Cotswolds region.
The cottage has been enhanced by its current owners, whilst maintaining its traditional character, including wooden beams and floors, and a real fire. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV with DVD player, and a well presented kitchen.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of five guests (one on a sofa bed), in two bedrooms, with two bathrooms. Quiet on street parking is freely available. Forge Cottage is an ideal retreat for friends, couples or a family, looking for a peaceful getaway in a beautiful village.
The front door of Forge Cottage opens into a small hallway, off which are the following rooms:
- Living/dining room: A large, characterful room, with wooden beams and floors, and a real fire. There is comfy seating for five and a large wooden dining table, with seating for six;
- Kitchen: The good sized kitchen contains an electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, kettle and toaster, plus a small table and a couple of chairs.
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the first floor landing. The following rooms are on the first floor:
- Master bedroom: A large bedroom, containing a super king size bed and a sofa bed on a raised platform. There is an en-suite bathroom, with a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: Contains a double bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
There is a small, enclosed patio area outside the front door of Forge Cottage, with a table and chairs in the warmer months of the year, and guests are also welcome to use the neighbouring garden of the Guiting Guest House after 10.30am.