Forge Folly is a beautiful detached Cotswold stone house, which has been lovingly refurbished by its owner, and is located at the end of a quiet no-through lane in the peaceful hamlet of Aston Magna. The lovely village of Blockley, with two pubs and a village shop, is two miles away, and the market town of Moreton-in-Marsh, which contain a wide range of pubs, shops and restaurants, is just three miles away. The house is ideally located for exploring the many beautiful villages of the North Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford upon Avon, Warwick Castle, Oxford and Blenheim Palace. The rural location of Aston Magna also makes it an ideal base for enjoying some of the fabulous walks that the Cotswolds has to offer.
Built to the highest quality, with a traditional character in keeping with the village, Forge Folly contains exposed beams, wooden floors and a lovely wood burning stove. The house has been immaculately furnished in a warm, contemporary style and the traditional character of the property is complemented by the modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a large flatscreen TV with Sky and a Blu-ray/DVD player, and a spacious, well equipped kitchen.
Forge Folly sleeps six people, in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms. There are lovely decked areas outside the kitchen and the living room, as well as a peaceful lawned area for relaxing in the sun, and a driveway to the side of the property has space for up to two cars. Forge Folly is perfect for a family or a group of friends looking for a relaxing break in the heart of the Cotswold countryside.
Forge Folly is a detached property located on a quiet no-through road, in the pretty hamlet of Aston Magna. There is a small garden at the front of the cottage, with a path leading to the front door.
The house is an “upside down” property, with the bedrooms on the ground floor. The front door opens into a hallway, with an open tread staircase leading up to the first floor hallway, off which are the following rooms:
- Living room: This relaxing and very spacious room has exposed oak beams, four lovely sofas, comfy beanbags, a large flatscreen TV with Sky (including Sky Cinema) and a Blu-ray/DVD player, and a cosy wood burning stove. Bi-fold doors lead directly out to a decked patio area, with a further lawned area beyond;
- Kitchen/dining area: Another large, well presented room, with oak flooring, which contains an island with two stools, an electric oven, four ring electric hob, dishwasher, large combined fridge/freezer, combination microwave, kettle and toaster. There is also a large wooden dining table with seating for six. A door leads out from the kitchen, down to a lovely courtyard area, which contains an outdoor table with a parasol and seating for six, plus a charcoal barbecue.
Heading back downstairs, the following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Master bedroom: A lovely room that contains a king size bed and an ensuite bathroom, with a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: Another stylish room which contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 3: A flexible room, which contains two single beds or a super-king size bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
A useful utility/boot room, which contains a washing machine, can be accessed from the side of the house.
As well as the outdoor seating in the courtyard area outside the kitchen, the lovely decked area outside the living room contains a small table and two chairs. Steps lead up from the decking to a south facing lawned area, which contains two loungers, forming a glorious suntrap in the warmer months of the year. Please note that there are steep drops off various walls in the garden and children should therefore be supervised outside at all times.
There are two private off street parking spaces at the side of the house.