Fox Cottage is a beautiful Cotswold stone cottage that sits peacefully in the heart of the pretty village of Oaksey, close to the upmarket town of Cirencester with its many shops and amenities. Oaksey has a lovely pub, a grade I listed church that dates back to the 13th century, and a small village shop and post office. The village is surrounded by beautiful countryside, and the lovely market towns of Tetbury and Malmesbury are close by, as is the Cotswold Water Park, where a wide range of activities can be enjoyed. Further afield destinations such as Bath, Cheltenham and Oxford are all easily accessible, as is London, via the nearby train station at Kemble.
This charming property, arranged over three floors, has an abundance of character features, including an open fireplace made out of Bath stone, original oak beams, and ledge and brace wooden doors. The character is complemented by modern touches, including wireless internet access, a Freeview TV with Blu-ray/DVD player, and a well presented kitchen.
Fox Cottage sleeps six people, in three bedrooms, with a family bathroom and a ground floor cloakroom. There is a west-facing garden, which is perfect for al fresco dining, and on street parking is readily available. Fox Cottage is perfect for a family or a group of friends looking for a peaceful base from which to explore the Cotswolds.
Fox Cottage is one of a row of cottages located on a quiet lane. The front door opens from the lane into the spacious living room, and the following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living room: This well-appointed room has oak beams and an exposed open fireplace, with two sofas and a leather arm chair. There is a Freeview TV with a Blu-ray/DVD player, and a digital radio with Bluetooth streaming;
- Kitchen: A step leads up from the living room to the well-presented kitchen, which overlooks the garden. The kitchen contains a range cooker with induction hob, microwave, integrated fridge-freezer, dishwasher, toaster, kettle and Nespresso coffee machine;
- Dining room: The kitchen opens into the dining room, which has a table and seating for six. A glass door from the dining room opens into the garden;
- Utility room and cloakroom: Contains a combined washing machine/tumble dryer, toilet and wash basin.
A curved staircase leads up from the living room to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 2: A beautiful room with a double bed and two fitted wardrobes, overlooking the front of the property;
- Bedroom 3: Overlooking the back garden and the grade I listed church, with two single beds and fitted wardrobes;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath, separate walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
The stairs continue up from the first floor to the second floor, which opens straight into the bedroom space (please note that the stairs have a low head height and there is no door or gate between the stairs and the bedroom):
- Master bedroom: A beautiful eaves rooms with exposed oak beams and a king size bed.
The cottage has a delightful south-west facing garden, accessed from the dining room, which contains an outdoor table and chairs (available from spring 2017).