Foxglove Cottage is one of a row of traditional Cotswold stone cottage, built to house the weavers who worked in the many silk mills of the beautiful village of Blockley. The historic village is very peaceful and picturesque, yet benefits from having two pubs and a community owned village shop & café, as well as a historic Norman church in the centre of the village. Numerous beautiful country walks are accessible directly from the cottage and Blockley is well located for visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds.
The cottage has been many traditional character features, including exposed Cotswold stone walls, wooden beams and floors, and a wood burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its lovely furnishings and its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a SMART TV and a well presented kitchen.
Foxglove Cottage sleeps a maximum of four people, in two bedrooms, with a family bathroom. There is a lovely enclosed garden to the rear of the property and free on street parking is readily available. Foxglove Cottage is an ideal retreat for friends, couples or a small family, looking for a peaceful getaway in a beautiful village.
The front door of Foxglove Cottage is accessed directly from the quiet road that the cottage sits on and opens directly into the living room. The ground floor is open plan, containing:
- Living room/dining area: This characterful room contains a feature Cotswold stone wall, oak beams and a lovely wood burning stove in a Cotswold stone fireplace. There is comfy seating for four, as well as a dining table with seating for four;
- Kitchen area: The well laid out kitchen contains an electric oven, four ring gas hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, and a toaster with a croissant warming facility.
Stairs lead up from the ground floor to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 2: With lovely views over fields, this room contains a double bed;
- Family bathroom: At the back of the cottage, also with lovely views of the countryside, the bathroom contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin. There is also a washing machine in the bathroom.
Further stairs then lead up to the second floor:
- Master bedroom: A beautiful eaves room, with windows on both sides of the cottage, this large room contains a double bed and a lounge area, with two comfy seats and a table, from which to admire the lovely views of Blockley Valley.
Foxglove Cottage's enclosed garden is at the rear of the property, accessed from the kitchen. The garden has a patio area and a further lawned area, and contains a table and four chairs, as well as a bench. A charcoal barbecue is provided, as well as a cast iron fire pit.