Gables Cottage is a beautiful, grade II listed Cotswold stone property, located in the heart of the pretty, peaceful village of Churchill and surrounded by the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Churchill is fortunate to have a lovely church and village green, as well as a well-regarded pub, and is only three miles away from Chipping Norton and seven miles away from Stow-on-the-Wold, which are two of the well known Cotswold market towns. Gables Cottage is well placed for exploring the surrounding countryside or visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as other tourist destinations, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Blenheim Palace.
The cottage has been beautifully preserved and retains many of its original character features, such as exposed oak beams and Cotswold stone walls, elm floorboards, spiral staircases and a large inglenook fireplace, with a wood burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV with DVD player and full Sky package, and a well presented kitchen.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of six people, in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms. There is an enclosed garden and off-street parking for two cars, with free on street parking also readily available. Gables Cottage is an ideal location for families or groups of friends seeking a character filled property in a beautiful location.
Gables Cottage is accessed via its back door, which opens into a small porch and then a larger hallway. Two ground floor rooms lead off the hallway:
- Living room: A beautiful dual-aspect room, with flagstone flooring in half the room, exposed Cotswold stone, oak beams and a large inglenook fireplace, containing a wood burning stove. There is comfy seating for six and a flatscreen TV, with a DVD player and a full Sky package;
- Kitchen/dining room: Another dual-aspect room, with oak beams and a lovely window seat. The kitchen facilities include an electric range cooker, with two ovens, four hobs and a warming section, a microwave, dishwasher, toaster, kettle and a Smeg fridge with a small freezer section. This sociable room also contains a wooden dining table and six dining chairs.
A beautiful wooden spiral staircase goes up from the hallway to the first floor landing. Please note that the staircase is steep and narrow, however, it does have a hand rail in the centre and fixed stair gates at the top and bottom. The following rooms are on the first floor:
- Master bedroom: Another beautiful dual-aspect room, with elm floorboards and oak beams, which contains a king size bed. There is also a small en-suite bathroom, containing an electric shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: Again, a lovely dual-aspect room, with elm floorboards, oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone and an old inglenook fireplace. Contains a king size bed;
- Family bathroom: The large, elegant bathroom has recently been refurbished and contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet, wash basin and heated towel rail.
A door on the landing opens onto another narrow, steep spiral staircase, leading up to the second floor. Please note that there is no handrail on this staircase, or safety gate at the top. There is a small landing at the top of the stairs, which contains a particularly low beam, which must be ducked under to get into:
- Bedroom 3: A lovely room, in the eaves of the cottage, which contains two single beds and a sofa.
Gable Cottage's mature, enclosed garden is at the back of the property and is a mixture of lawn and patio areas. There is an outdoor table and plenty of seating, as well as a charcoal barbecue and children's outdoor toys. Within the garden is an outhouse, which contains a washing machine, tumble dryer and a large fridge freezer.
Outside the garden, there is off-street parking available for two cars.