Glebe House is a beautiful country house, which sits in lovely grounds on the side of a hill, with fabulous views of the surrounding North Cotswolds countryside. This large Cotswold stone house is located on the edge of the popular and picturesque village of Naunton, which is set well away from busy roads and benefits from a good village pub, a golf course and many beautiful walks straight from the doorstep. The house also has views across to Grange Hill Farm, home of the the well known National Hunt trainer, Nigel Twiston-Davies, whose horses can be seen out in training most days. The well known market towns of Stow-on-the-Wold and Bourton-on-the-Water are both within six miles, with their wide range of pubs, shops and restaurants. Naunton is also within easy reach of many tourist destinations, including Oxford, Blenheim Palace and Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare.
This grand house is laid out over three floors, with lovely views from all the principal rooms, and a wealth of character, including exposed Cotswold stone walls, oak floors and real fires in the drawing room, library and sitting room. The character of the house is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, two flatscreen TVs and a large, well presented kitchen.
Glebe House sleeps a maximum of 10+2 people in five bedrooms, with the +2 on a sofa bed in the snug. There are three ensuite bathrooms, a family bathroom and two cloakrooms. The property is surrounded by beautiful gardens and there is parking space on the driveway for at least six cars. Glebe House is perfect for a gathering of friends or families, seeking a relaxing break in a stunning property, with spectacular views of the surrounding Cotswold countryside.
Glebe House’s grounds sit behind a large electric gate, which opens onto a sweeping driveway, leading to the front door of the house. The front door opens into an entrance hall, which then leads to the following ground floor rooms:
- Drawing room: An opulently furnished room, with a real fire, two double sofas and four chairs. Full height windows and French doors, with a Juliette balcony, provide the room with lovely views of the surrounding countryside;
- Dining room: The drawing room and dining room are partially open plan, and all the principal ground floor rooms can be accessed directly from the dining room. This room has a wooden dining table with seating for 10, lovely oak floors, and French doors out to a terrace, with stunning countryside views;
- Sitting room: A further comfortable sitting room, with another real fire, a flatscreen TV, three seater sofa, two seater sofa and a chair and foot stool. This dual aspect room also has French doors out to the terrace;
- Library: A beautiful room in the heart of the house, with an oak floor, a real fire, two luxurious leather wing back chairs and a well stocked library;
- Kitchen/breakfast room: A lovely large room, with a range cooker with a gas hob and electric oven, a double Belfast sink, American style fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster. There is also a large kitchen table, with seating for 10;
- Utility room: Located behind the kitchen, with a door out to the garden, this handy room contains a washing machine, a tumble dryer and an additional fridge freezer and electric oven;
- Snug: A quiet room, set away from the main living rooms, which contains a double sofa bed and a flatscreen TV;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and a wash basin.
A staircase leads up from the library to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: A lovely, dual aspect room, with a Juliette balcony and a window seat from which to admire the spectacular views. This room contains a super king size bed and has an ensuite bathroom, with a free-standing bath and shower attachment, plus a separate walk in shower, a toilet and a wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: Another dual aspect room, which contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 3: A further dual aspect room, with lovely views, which contains a king size bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath, walk in shower, toilet and a wash basin.
Returning to the ground floor, a staircase leads down from the dining room to the lower ground floor hallway, off which are the following further rooms:
- Bedroom 4: A dual aspect room, with a king size bed, and an ensuite bathroom, containing a walk in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 5: This room has two single beds and a separate dressing room, as well as an ensuite bathroom, with a bath with shower attachment, walk in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and a wash basin;
- Kitchenette: Contains a sink.
Doors lead out from the ground floor and the lower ground floor to the lovely enclosed grounds of the house. The grounds contain a mixture of patio areas, with tables and seating, lawns, trees and flower beds, creating a beautiful environment from which to savour the views of the surrounding countryside.