Green Knoll Cottage is a beautiful traditional Cotswold stone cottage, located in a row of cottages on a grassy knoll, in the heart of the small, picturesque village of Broad Campden, close to the famous Cotswold market town of Chipping Campden. The village is surounded by stunning countryside and many lovely walks are accessible directly from the cottage. Chipping Campden contains a wide range of small shops, tea rooms and restaurants, and the many other beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds are all just a short drive away, as are well known places such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Blenheim Palace.
Dating back to the 18th century, this traditional cottage has lovely character features, including wooden beams and doors, exposed Cotswold stone, and a cosy wood burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a SMART TV with DVD player and Xbox, and a well-presented kitchen.
Green Knoll Cottage sleeps a maximum of four people, in two bedrooms, with a family bathroom and a ground floor cloakroom. There is a lovely enclosed garden with a pond to the rear of the property, and free parking is available on the lane below the cottage. Green Knoll Cottage is ideal for friends, families with older children, or couples looking for a lovely cottage for a relaxing break, in one of the most attractive areas of the Cotswolds.
Access to the front door of Green Knoll Cottage is across a lovely grassy knoll. The front door opens into a small porch, which leads directly into the living room. The following rooms are on the ground floor of the cottage:
- Living room: A lovely spacious room, with exposed beams, wooden floors and an inglenook fireplace with a wood burning stove. There is comfy seating around the fire for four, with two additional leather armchairs and two window seats. The living room contains a SMART TV with a DVD player and Xbox, as well as an ipod/music dock;
- Kitchen: A galley style kitchen, overlooking the garden, which contains an electric oven, five ring gas hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, and a washing machine/tumble dryer. A door from the kitchen leads out to the garden;
- Conservatory/dining room: This bright and airy room is accessed either by French doors from the living room, or via a low doorway from the hall. There is a wooden dining table, with seating for four, and French doors lead out to the garden;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and hand basin.
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Master bedroom: A beautiful room with stunning countryside views, which contains a king size bed with a flatscreen TV and DVD player;
- Bedroom 2: Also with stunning countryside views, this room contains a double bed;
- Family bathroom: A stylish bathroom, which contains a bath with an overhead shower, toilet, wash basin and electric heated towel rail.
There is a lovely large enclosed garden to the rear of the cottage, which contains an open pond and has an outdoor table and four chairs, and a charcoal barbecue. There is also a shed halfway down the garden, which contains a separate tumble dryer.
Free parking is available on the lane below the cottage or in front of the church opposite the green.