Built from classic honey coloured Cotswold Stone and dating back to the 17th Century, Hainault House is a double fronted, Grade II listed property, standing proudly on the raised pavements of the historic village of Blockley. Despite being well away from major roads and tourist buses, the village is fortunate to have two pubs, a restaurant and an award winning community owned shop and café. Blockley is close to the popular Cotswold market towns of Moreton-in-Marsh, Chipping Camden and Stow-on-the-Wold, and many stunning countryside walks are right on the doorstep.
Hainault House boasts many character features, including mullion windows, flagstone floors, exposed Cotswold stone walls and a large inglenook fireplace. The character of the house is complemented by the contemporary décor and modern facilities, including wireless broadband, Freesat TV with DVD player, and an Aga in the kitchen.
The house sleeps a maximum of eight people, in four bedrooms, with a family bathroom and a further en-suite bathroom, as well as two separate living rooms. There is a terraced rear garden, with stunning views over the Blockley valley from the top level, and quiet on street parking is freely available. Hainault House is the perfect setting for a family holiday or for a group of friends wishing to explore the beautiful Cotswolds region.
The front door of Hainault House sits on the raised pavement of the quiet High Street and opens into the ground floor living room. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living room: Full of the character of the oldest part of the house, the living room contains a large inglenook fireplace with a real fire, flagstone floor, exposed Cotswold stone walls and a mullion window with wooden shutters and window seat. There is comfy seating for at least five adults, with additional seating available on the window seat, on large beanbags and by moving chairs from the adjacent dining room;
- Dining room: Contains a large oak dining table and seating for eight;
- Kitchen: Contains an Aga, a separate cooker and four ring gas hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, and a table with four wooden stools;
- Utility room: Contains a washing machine and a tumble dryer.
Stairs lead up from the living room to the first floor. Halfway up the stairs is the family bathroom:
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
The first floor has a small landing and the following rooms:
- Second living room: A further reception room, with an abundance of character, including an oak floor, exposed Cotswold stone wall and a mullion window, with a window seat and fabulous countryside views. Contains a flat screen TV and DVD player, plus comfy seating for approximately five adults;
- Bedroom 1: With lovely countryside views and a nice window seat, this room contains either a super king size bed or two single beds;
- Bedroom 2: Contains either a super king size bed or two single beds. There is an en-suite bathroom, with a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
Further stairs lead up from the first floor landing to the second floor landing, off which are two further bedrooms in the eaves of the house:
- Bedroom 3: Contains a double bed;
- Bedroom 4: Contains a double bed.
Hainault's back door leads out from the kitchen to the garden. Steps lead up straight from the back door to the first garden level and further steps then lead up to the second garden level, from which there are fabulous views across the Blockley valley. In total there are 51 steps up to the top of the back garden. There is an outdoor table and seating in the garden, plus a charcoal barbecue. Parking is primarily available at the front of the property, on the quiet road past Hainault House.