Higher Cotswold View is a stunning contemporary property, occupying the top two floors of a new four storey, eco-friendly Cotswold stone house, which sits on a small farm, with spectacular uninterrupted views across the beautiful Windrush Valley. As well as the lovely countryside views, a wide variety of wildlife can often be seen from the property. The farm is located half a mile up a country lane from the famous Cotswolds village of Bourton-on-the-Water, affectionately known as the "Venice of the Cotswolds", due to the lovely river that meanders through the centre of the village. Bourton is surrounded by stunning countryside, with numerous walks on the doorstep, and its central location makes it ideal for exploring the entire Cotswolds region and beyond.
The owners of Higher Cotswold View, who live on the first floor of the farmhouse, set out to build a traditional looking Cotswold stone property, which took advantage of the farm's fantastic hillside setting and incorporated eco-friendly features, such as an air source heat pump, solar panels and an Ecocent water heating system. Other modern facilities in the property include wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV, underfloor heating and a well presented kitchen.
Higher Cotswold View sleeps a maximum of six people, in three bedrooms, each with their own bathroom. Close to the apartment is a lovely seating area, with stunning views across the Windrush Valley, and off-street parking is available. Higher Cotswold View is perfect for a family or a group of friends seeking a lovely break in the heart of the Cotswolds countryside, close to one of England's most beautiful villages.
Higher Cotswold View is in the same building as Cotswold View, which sleeps four.
Higher Cotswold View is accessed through the farmyard, which contains a mobile home, storage containers and farm equipment, none of which are visible from the apartment. Once inside the main rooms of Higher Cotswold View, the only thing you look out over are miles of unbroken countryside.
Steps lead up the outside of the property, from first floor level, to the front door, which is on the second floor and opens into the hallway. The following rooms are on the second floor level:
- Living room/kitchen/dining area: This bright and spacious open plan space has floor to ceiling windows, which offer spectacular views across the Windrush Valley. The living room area contains two large comfy sofas, a footstool, and a flatscreen TV, with a Blu-ray player. The large kitchen area is well equipped, with an electric oven, four ring induction hob, fridge with small freezer compartment, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, washing machine and tumble dryer. There is also a breakfast bar, with two stools, and the dining area contains a table, with seating for six;
- Master bedroom: Further floor to ceiling windows provide lovely views across the Windrush Valley. The bedroom can be set up as either a super king size bed, or two single beds;
- Family bathroom: Next to the master bedroom, the family bathroom contains a bath, walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the top floor landing, in the roof of the property. The low, narrow landing leads to the following rooms:
- Bedroom 2: Contains a low oriental double bed and an en-suite bathroom, with a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 3: Contains two low oriental single beds and an en-suite bathroom, with a toilet and wash basin;
Across the farmyard from the property is a patio area, with a table and six chairs, plus a charcoal barbecue, which is perfect for whiling away time and watching the wide array of wildlife that regularly visits the farm. The open grounds of the farm wrap around the house and extend down a grassy hill to the enclosed paddocks beyond. Off street parking is available next to the patio area.