Holly Cottage is a beautiful Cotswold stone cottage, located on a quintessentially English lane in the small village of Old Minster Lovell. The pretty village looks much the same as it did over a century ago, sitting peacefully by the River Windrush, with its traditional properties containing a mixture of thatched and Cotswold stone roofs. On the edge of the village, close to Holly Cottage and next to the beautiful Church of St Kenelm, are the extensive ruins of Minster Lovell Hall, a 15th century manor house. Old Minster Lovell also has a lovely pub, situated on the banks of the river. The village is perfectly located for exploring the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as for visiting Oxford, which is just 14 miles away, Blenheim Palace and even making day trips into London.
Holly Cottage has an abundance of traditional character features, including exposed Cotswold stone, oak beams, wooden floors and doors, and a large inglenook fireplace containing a wood burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV and a well presented kitchen.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of six people, in three bedrooms, with one full bathroom and an en-suite cloakroom. There is a large, enclosed back garden, with lovely views and free on street parking is readily available. Holly Cottage is an ideal retreat for friends, couples or a family, looking for a relaxing break in the heart of England.
The front door of Holly Cottage is accessed directly from the quiet lane through the village and opens into a small hallway. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living room: the large, dual aspect living room has oak beams, wooden window shutters and a large inglenook fireplace with a wood burning stove. There is comfy seating for six and a Freesat TV, with a DVD player. Please note that the living room has a low ceiling and guests over approximately 175cm tall will need to stoop to move around;
- Dining room: another dual aspect room, with a lovely oak door leading out to the back garden. The dining room contains a wooden dining table, with seating for six. As with the living room, please note that the dining room has a low ceiling and guests over approximately 175cm tall will need to stoop to move around;
- Kitchen: a lovely farmhouse style kitchen, with flagstone floor, Belfast sink and views of the garden. Contains a double electric oven and six ring gas hob, kettle, toaster, a large fridge with separate freezer compartment, dishwasher, and a washing machine;
- Bedroom 3: Accessed via the living room, this bedroom contains a king size bed. The bedroom also has its own cloakroom, with a toilet and a wash basin.
Steep stairs lead up from the hallway to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Master bedroom: A lovely, large dual aspect room, with exposed Cotswold stone and wooden floors, which contains a super king size bed;
- Bedroom 2: Contains either two single beds or a super king size bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a roll top bath with handheld shower, heated towel rail, toilet and wash basin.
Holly Cottage's large, enclosed garden is to the rear of the property, with lovely rural views. The garden contains an outdoor table and two benches. A charcoal barbecue is provided during the summer months.
Free on-street parking is available close to the property.