Honeystones is a stylish, interior designed, detached house, located on the edge of the famous village of Bourton-on-the-Water and within walking distance of The Slaughters. Bourton is affectionately known as the “Venice of the Cotswolds”, due to the beautiful river that meanders through the heart of the village. Bourton itself has plenty to appeal to visitors, including a wide range of shops, pubs and restaurants, as well as being ideally located for exploring the many other beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds. Further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Bath are also within easy reach.
This spacious property, built in traditional Cotswold stone, has been designed with discerning guests in mind and has bespoke stylish touches throughout. A particular feature of this property is the open plan kitchen and the family / dining room, perfect for friends and families to gather sociably together. Modern touches complement the contemporary feel of the property and include wireless internet access, two SMART televisions and a well-equipped kitchen.
Honeystones sleeps 8+1 people, in four bedrooms (with the +1 option being a sofa bed in the first floor games room), with two ensuite bathrooms, a family bathroom and downstairs cloakroom. There is a nice enclosed garden at the back of the property, and a double garage with additional parking space at the front. Honeystones is a large, elegant house, perfect for family and friends wanting to relax and enjoy the many attractions of one of the Cotswold's most vibrant villages or seeking to explore the stunning surrounding countryside.
Honeystones is very peacefully located on a no through road, in the village of Bourton-on-the-Water. There is a small lawned area at the front of the property, with a path leading to the front door, which opens into a spacious hallway. This leads to the following ground floor rooms:
- Living room: A stylish room in muted tones, with bi-fold doors leading directly out to the garden. There are two large sofas and an arm chair, with a SMART TV;
- Dining and family room: This lovely room is open plan with the kitchen, creating a fabulous social area. There is a dining table with seating for eight, a chaise sofa and and an arm chair, plus another SMART TV;
- Kitchen: This spacious area is open plan with the dining room and contains an island with three bar stools and a breakfast bar. The kitchen is very well equipped, with two electric ovens, a six-ring gas hob, full height double fridge and freezer units, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, blender, coffee machine and a docking station. Double doors open onto a patio with table and chairs, and the back garden beyond;
- Utility room: A convenient additional room, which contains a washing machine, tumble dryer and wash basin, which also has a door out to the garden;
- Downstairs cloakroom: Contains a toilet and wash basin.
Stairs lead up from the ground floor to the first floor, with the following rooms:
- Master bedroom: A good size room with stylish feature pieces which contains a king size bed and an ensuite bathroom, with a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: Smart room with twin beds or a super king size bed and a second ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 3: Contains 2 single beds;
- Bedroom 4: Contains a double bed;
- Games room: A great room for children, stocked with games. The sofa is also a day bed, providing the +1 sleeping option.
Outside the cottage is an enclosed garden with a large lawn area and a patio area with a table and four chairs.
To the front of the property, there is a double garage and additional parking for three cars.