Honeysuckle Cottage is an elegant and comfortable cottage, located in the centre of the pretty north-east Cotswolds village of Middle Tysoe. The delightful surrounding countryside, with spectacular views, is accessible directly from the cottage and this "off the beaten track" village is largely self-contained, with a local pub, Post Office with shop, tea rooms and a village store with off-license. Middle Tysoe is ideally located for visiting the many lovely Cotswold towns and villages, including Moreton-in-Marsh, Chipping Campden and Stow-on-the-Wold, as well as being perfectly located for exploring William Shakespeare’s birthplace of Stratford-upon-Avon. Warwick Castle, Blenheim Palace and Oxford are also easily accessible.
This spacious cottage has been decorated with a contemporary feel, complemented by characterful features such as a wood burning stove, wood panelling, stone cladding and a bright and airy dining area, which looks out onto the garden. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a Smart TV and a well presented kitchen.
Honeysuckle Cottage sleeps eight people, in four bedrooms, with three lovely bathrooms and a ground floor cloakroom. There is an enclosed garden and free on street parking is readily available close to the property. The cottage is perfect for extended families or a group of friends looking for a relaxing break in a beautiful village, surrounded by spectacular countryside.
Honeysuckle Cottage is at the end of a row of cottages, in the heart of Middle Tysoe. Entering through the front gate takes you to the cottage’s stable style front door, which opens into the wood panelled hallway. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living room: This large, dual aspect room is beautifully furnished and contains a cosy wood burning stove, two three-seater sofas and two modern chairs, as well as a Smart TV with a DVD player;
- Kitchen/dining room: The well laid out kitchen area contains an electric range cooker, with two ovens, a grill and a five ring hob, a full size fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, hand blender and hand mixer. Between the kitchen and dining areas is a breakfast bar, with two adjustable height stools. The bright and airy dining area looks out over the garden and has an impressive bespoke reclaimed oak table, which comfortably seats eight to ten. French doors lead out from the dining area to the patio and garden;
- Utility room: Contains a washing machine/tumble dryer;
- Downstairs cloakroom: Contains a toilet and wash basin;
- Rear hallway: A useful space for boots and coats, adjoining the kitchen/dining room, with an external door.
A half-panelled stairway leads up from the ground floor hallway to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: A stylish room, with a king size bed, built in wardrobes, dresser and a beautifully finished ensuite bathroom, which contains a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: Contains a king size bed, wardrobe and spacious cupboard;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with an overhead rain shower and handheld shower attachment, toilet, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Further stairs lead up from the first floor landing to the second floor landing, with all the rooms built into the cottage’s eaves:
- Bedroom 3: A dual aspect room, with two Velux windows, which contains two single beds and a wardrobe;
- Bedroom 4: A triple aspect room, including two Velux windows, which also contains two single beds;
- Second family bathroom: Contains a walk-in shower, with a wash basin, toilet and heated towel rail.
Outside the cottage, there is an enclosed south-west facing walled garden, with a patio and a gravelled area, which contains a wooden bench, a charcoal barbecue and an outdoor table with eight chairs. There is an additional wooden bench in the side courtyard to take advantage of the morning sun. A children’s playground is just a short walk away.