Hope Cottage is a beautiful, traditional Cotswold stone cottage, perfectly located in the heart of the peaceful, picturesque village of Longborough, two miles north of the famous market town of Stow-on-the-Wold, and surrounded by the stunning countryside of the North Cotswolds. Longborough sits on the side of a hill, with lovely views over the Evenlode Valley and, despite being a small village, it is fortunate to have two pubs, a village shop and cafe, and a local farm shop. Many beautiful countryside walks can be accessed directly from the cottage, and it is ideally located for exploring the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Bath.
The cottage is full of traditional character features, including oak beams, flagstone floors, exposed Cotswold stone walls and a lovely wood burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV and a well presented kitchen.
Hope Cottage sleeps a maximum of six people, in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms. There is a lovely private garden to the front and side of the cottage and it is the perfect setting for families or friends looking for a relaxing break in a beautiful village, right in the heart of the North Cotswolds.
The front door of Hope Cottage is accessed from the garden and opens into a hallway. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Kitchen/dining room: A beautiful farmhouse style kitchen, with oak beams, flagstone floor and Cotswold stone walls, this sociable room contains a wooden dining table with seating for six. The kitchen facilities include a beautiful Rayburn range cooker, with two ovens and two hobs, a separate four ring induction hob, microwave and convection oven, dishwasher, fridge freezer, kettle, toaster, washer dryer and a Magimix coffee machine (without pods);
- Sitting room: A lovely, cosy room, with oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone walls and a wood burning stove in a large fireplace. There is a sofa and two armchairs, as well as a lovely writing desk.
- Family room: Next to the sitting room is the bright and comfortable family room, which contains two sofas and a flatscreen TV with a DVD player;
- Conservatory: Accessed from the family room and with French doors out into the garden, the conservatory contains a comfy wicker sofa and two chairs, and is a beautiful room to relax in during the warmer months of the year;
- Downstairs cloakroom: Contains a toilet and hand basin.
Open sided stairs lead up to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Master bedroom: A lovely room, with a beautiful oak door and elm floorboards, which contains a double bed. The large en-suite bathroom is in the cottage eaves and contains a lovely roll top bath with handheld shower attachment, a toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: A nice cosy room, with wooden window shutters and exposed oak frame, which contains a double bed;
- Bedroom 3: A large, interesting room, split over two levels. On the first floor level is a single bed and then steep stairs lead up to a mezzanine level right in the eaves of the cottage, surrounded by beautiful oak beams, where there is a second single bed;
- Family bathroom: A large, well presented bathroom, which contains a bath with overhead electric shower, toilet, two wash basins and a heated towel rail.
The stunning private garden is to the front and side of the cottage, with all the rooms in the cottage looking out over it. There is a wooden table and six chairs in the garden, plus a charcoal barbecue. There is also a small pond in the garden.