Horseshoe Cottage is an imposing end of row Cotswold stone property, located in the heart of the village of Bourton-on-the-Hill, very close to the beautiful Norman church of St Lawrence and the well regarded Horse and Groom pub - winner of the Good Pub Guide Pub of the Year 2016 award. Bourton-on-the-Hill is perfectly situated, in between the famous Cotswold market towns of Moreton-in-Marsh, Stow-on-the-Wold and Chipping Campden, and is ideally located for exploring the stunning North Cotswolds region and further afield, including Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Blenheim Palace.
The beautiful, period cottage has many character features, including exposed Cotswold stone walls, wooden beams, a flagstone floor downstairs, wooden floors in three of the bedrooms and a wood burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, two flatscreen TVs and a well presented, contemporary kitchen.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of eight people, in four bedrooms, with two bathrooms. There is a lovely enclosed south facing courtyard garden and free on street parking is available close to the cottage. Horseshoe Cottage is an ideal retreat for groups of friends or families, looking for a peaceful getaway in the heart of the North Cotswolds.
The front door of Horseshoe Cottage opens into a large, open plan, triple aspect, downstairs space, which is partially segregated into two spaces by the staircase:
- Living room/dining area: This large space has wooden beams, a flagstone floor, with underfloor heating, and an exposed Cotswold stone fireplace containing a wood burning stove. There is a flat screen internet TV, with a DVD/Blu-ray player and a Netflix subscription, an iPod dock, comfy seating for eight and a wooden dining table, also with seating for eight. Bifold sliding doors give direct access to the garden;
- Kitchen: A lovely, contemporary space, containing a Smeg range cooker, fridge, freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster, dishwasher and washing machine. There is a half-stabled door, which gives side access to the house.
Stairs lead up from between the dining area and kitchen to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 3: A large, dual aspect room, with feature fireplace and rural views. Contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 4: Contains a double bed. There is direct access to the family bathroom from this room;
- Family bathroom: A "Jack and Jill" bathroom, with access from both the hallway and bedroom 4. Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin, as well as underfloor heating.
Further stairs lead up from the first floor landing to the second floor landing, off which are two further large rooms:
- Bedroom 1 (en-suite): Contains a king size bed. The en-suite bathroom contains a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin, as well as underfloor heating;
- Bedroom 2: A large, dual aspect room, with an exposed Cotswold stone wall and lovely rural views. Contains two single beds. There is also a flatscreen TV, with a Sony Playstation 3 and games (this is also a DVD/Blu-ray player).
Three of the bedrooms have lovely wooden floors, and the bed sheets and towels are 100% Egyptian cotton.
The lovely, south facing courtyard garden is accessed directly from the living room. Surrounded by a Cotswold stone wall, the garden is fully enclosed and is a wonderful sun trap. It contains an outdoor table and eight chairs, plus a charcoal barbecue.