Horseshoe Cottages is one of a pair of traditional Cotswold stone cottages, located in the heart of the peaceful village of Lower Swell. The village has a traditional Cotswold pub, The Golden Ball Inn, and is surrounded by stunning countryside, as well as being just a mile away from the famous market town of Stow-on-the-Wold. Lower Swell is well placed for visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Blenheim Palace.
The cottage has traditional character features, including some exposed Cotswold stone walls and oak beams, window seats and a large wood and coal burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, two TVs and a well presented kitchen.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of five people, in three bedrooms, with one bathroom. There is a large, enclosed garden and free on street parking is readily available. Horseshoe Cottages is an ideal location for friends, couples or a family, seeking peaceful tranquillity in the heart of the Cotswolds.
The front door of Horseshoe Cottages is accessed via the garden and opens into the living room, one of the three ground floor rooms:
- Living room: A lovely, dual aspect room, with a window seat and a large multi-fuel stove. Contains comfy seating for five and a Freeview TV with an integrated DVD player;
- Kitchen/dining room: The well presented kitchen contains an electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, kettle and toaster. The dining area contains a wooden dining table, with seating for six;
- Utility room: Contains a washing machine and separate tumble dryer.
Stairs lead up from the ground floor to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: Contains a double bed;
- Bedroom 2: Contains two single beds;
- Bedroom 3: Contains a single bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
Horseshoe Cottages' large, enclosed garden is in front of the property, with peaceful views towards the village pub. The mature garden is mostly laid to lawn and contains an outdoor table, parasol, and seating for six, as well as a charcoal barbecue.
Free on street parking is available next to the cottage.