The House on the Green is a modern Cotswold stone home, built on a small development on the site of the former village hospital. Overlooking a large green and with an enclosed rear garden, the house offers peace and quiet, yet is moments away from the centre of Chipping Norton, one of the North Cotswolds' famous market towns, with its wide range of shops, pubs and restaurants. Chipping Norton is ideally placed for exploring the beautiful Cotswolds region, as well as other world famous attractions, such as Blenheim Palace, Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon.
Sitting at the end of a short row of houses and built to a high quality, the House on the Green has been beautifully furnished in a warm, contemporary style. The traditional character of the Cotswold stone exterior has been complemented by modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a Freesat TV with DVD player and home cinema system, and a well equipped kitchen/breakfast room.
The house sleeps a maximum of six people, in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms (one en-suite) and a downstairs cloakroom. Off street parking is available for up to five cars and the house has an enclosed garden. The property is the perfect place for a family or a group of friends seeking a peaceful retreat, yet still being close to shops, pubs and restaurants, as well as all the attractions of the Cotswolds region.
The front door of the house faces the large private green, which all the local residents have the right to use. Entering the house, a hallway leads to the ground floor rooms:
- Kitchen/breakfast room: The well equipped kitchen looks out over the garden and contains a four ring gas hob, fan assisted electric oven, microwave, kettle, toaster, fridge freezer, dishwasher and a washing machine. There is also a breakfast table, with seating for four, next to French doors out to the garden;
- Downstairs cloakroom: Contains a toilet and hand basin.
Stairs from the ground floor hallway lead up to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Living room/dining room: A beautifully presented room, containing two sofas, with comfy seating for 5/6, an oak dining table, with seating for six, and a Freesat flatscreen TV with home cinema system and DVD player;
- Bedroom 1: Contains a double bed.
A second flight of stairs leads from the first floor landing to the second floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 2: Contains two single beds;
- Bedroom 3 (en-suite): Contains a king size bed. The en-suite bathroom contains a shower and a wash basin;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with shower attachment, a wash basin and a toilet.
The enclosed garden is accessed via French doors from the kitchen/breakfast room and contains a patio area and a lawned area. There is an outdoor table and seating for six, plus a barbecue. A gate from the garden leads out to the parking spaces. There are a total of five off street parking spaces available.