Jackdaw Cottage is a charming honey-coloured traditional cotswold stone cottage, the first of a row of three in a quiet lane close to the heart of the beautiful village of Blockley. The historic village of Blockley is very peaceful and picturesque, yet benefits from having two pubs, a restaurant, and a community owned village shop & café. There is also a historic Norman church in the centre of the village and numerous beautiful country walks are accessible directly from the cottage.
The cottage has recently been refurbished by its owners, to enhance its cosy feel. Traditional character features, such as wooden beams and a large stone fireplace with wood burning stove, are complemented by modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a Smart TV and a well presented kitchen.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of five people, in two bedrooms and on a sofa bed in the snug, with one bathroom. There is an enclosed garden and off-street parking for one car, with free on street parking readily available. Jackdaw Cottage is an ideal retreat for friends, couples or a family, looking for a peaceful getaway.
The front door of Jackdaw Cottage is accessed via the garden and opens into the kitchen/dining room, one of the three ground floor rooms:
- Living room: a lovely, cosy cottage living room, with a large stone fireplace and log burner. Contains comfy seating for five and a Smart TV, with a blu-ray and Smart DVD player;
- Kitchen/dining room: Recently refurbished, whilst maintaining the cottage character, the kitchen contains an electric oven, four ring gas hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge with freezer compartment, kettle, toaster and washing machine. The wooden dining table is in the centre of the room, with seating for five;
- Snug/bedroom 3: Accessed via the living room, the snug is a small room, ideal for relaxing or reading in. Linen and towels can be provided for the sofa bed, to enable the cottage to sleep up to five guests.
Stairs lead up from the kitchen to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: Contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 2: Contains two single beds;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
Jackdaw Cottage's enclosed garden is in front of the property, with peaceful views down the lane and across the Blockley valley. The garden is mostly gravelled and contains a table and seating for five. A charcoal barbecue is provided during the warmer months of the year. Next to the garden is an off-street parking space for one car.