July Cottage is a stunning, traditional Cotswold stone cottage, located in the heart of the picture postcard village of Ilmington, in the north-east corner of the Cotswolds. Despite being a small, peaceful village, Ilmington is fortunate to have two pubs, a village shop and a lovely Norman church. The village is surrounded by beautiful rolling countryside and is only five miles away from the famous Cotswold market town of Chipping Campden and seven miles away from Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare. Other places, such as Oxford, Blenheim Palace and Warwick Castle are easily accessible from Ilmington, as are the many beautiful market towns and villages of the Cotswolds.
The owners of July Cottage have lovingly refurbished the property, to highlight its many traditional character features, including oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone walls and a beautiful fireplace, with a wood burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a large flatscreen TV and a new, well presented kitchen.
July Cottage sleeps a maximum of five people, in three bedrooms, with a beautiful family bathroom. There is a lovely private garden outside the cottage and quiet on street parking is available. The cottage is perfect for groups of friends or families seeking a character filled property, in a lovely village, surrounded by beautiful countryside.
July Cottage is accessed via its front garden. The front door opens into a small porch, which then opens into a large entrance hall, with oak beams and an oak floor. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living room: A beautiful, character filled room, with oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone walls and a beautiful fireplace, with a wood burning stove. There is comfy seating for five and a flatscreen TV with BT TV, BT Sport and a DVD player;
- Kitchen: The newly installed galley style kitchen is beautifully presented and contains an electric cooker, four ring electric hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster;
- Dining room: This lovely dual aspect room has two sets of French doors and opens directly into the kitchen. There is a dining table with comfy seating for six.
Stairs lead up from the entrance hall to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: At the front of the cottage, looking out towards the village church, this room contains a double bed;
- Bedroom 2: Looking out to the side of the cottage, this room also contains a double bed;
- Bedroom 3: Another room looking out towards the village church, which contains a single bed;
- Family bathroom: Fully refurbished, the bathroom contains a bath, separate walk-in shower, toilet, wash basin and a heated towel rail.
To the front and side of the cottage is a lovely, enclosed garden, with an outdoor table and seating, and a charcoal barbecue during the warmer months of the year. There is also an outbuilding, which contains a washing machine, available by prior arrangement. Quiet street parking is available directly outside the cottage.