Knoll Cottage is a beautiful Cotswold stone cottage, which has been stylishly refurbished by its owners and benefits from fabulous countryside views. The cottage sits in the heart of the oldest part of the historic village of Blockley, which is located well away from busy roads and benefits from two pubs, a community owned shop and café, and a childrens' playground. Blockley has numerous beautiful walks on its doorstep and is well located for exploring the many beautiful market towns and villages of the North Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Blenheim Palace and Oxford.
The cottage has been lovingly refurbished, to create a modern style whilst highlighting the many beautiful character features, including oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone walls and an inglenook fireplace with a wood burning stove. Complementing the character of the cottage are modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV and a beautiful new kitchen.
Knoll Cottage sleeps a maximum of four people, in two bedrooms, with two bathrooms and a lower ground floor cloakroom. There is a lovely enclosed garden, with beautiful countryside views, and quiet street parking is readily available. The cottage is perfect for a family, group of friends or a couple seeking a luxurious break in one of the Cotswold's loveliest villages.
Knoll Cottage is a tall, thin house, which extends over four floors, with most rooms benefitting from lovely countryside views. The front door is on the footpath of High Street, in the peaceful historic heart of Blockley, opening directly into the ground floor space:
- Living room: This beautifully furnished, dual aspect room has stunning views over Blockley Valley and is full of traditional character, including oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone walls and a cosy wood burning stove in a lovely inglenook fireplace. There is comfy seating for four and a flatscreen TV with DVD player.
Stairs lead up from the ground floor to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: Another beautifully furnished room, with far reaching views across Blockley Valley, which contains a king size bed;
- Family bathroom: Doubling up as an ensuite to bedroom 1, the stylish bathroom contains a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
The stairs continue up from the first floor landing to the second floor, which opens straight into the bedroom space (please note that there is no door or gate between the stairs and the bedroom):
- Bedroom 2: In the eaves of the cottage, with beautiful oak beams, this bedroom contains either two single beds or a super king size bed. There is an ensuite bathroom, which contains a bath with an overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
Returning back to the ground floor, another staircase leads down to the lower ground floor:
- Kitchen/dining room: Looking out over the lovely garden and with exposed Cotswold stone walls and oak beams, the well equipped kitchen contains an electric cooker, electric grill and electric hob, a fridge, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster. The dining area contains a stylish round dining table, with seating for four;
- Cloakroom: Contains a washing machine/tumble dryer, toilet and wash basin.
The back door leads out of the kitchen into the enclosed garden, which looks out over the lovely Blockley Valley. There are two outdoor tables with seating in the garden and a charcoal barbecue. At the end of the garden is a shed, which contains a freezer.