Lakeside House is a beautiful, Grade II listed house, dating back to the 19th century and set in a private location within the four acre grounds of the family run "Inn at Fossebridge", an historic 17th century coaching inn. Fossebridge is in the heart of the Cotswolds, located between Cirencester to the South and Stow-on-the-Wold to the North. Lakeside House contains various character features, including wooden beams, exposed stonework and a wood burning stove. Complementing these period features, the house has been decorated, furnished and equipped in a warm and cosy style, making the house a perfect holiday choice for families or groups of friends.
Lakeside House sleeps up to 10 people in 4 bedrooms – see bedroom configuration below. There is a family bathroom, an ensuite bathroom and a downstairs cloakroom.
The property benefits from having access to all of the Inn's services, including private dining facilities.
Lakeside House's front door opens into an entrance hall, which leads to:
- Living room: The cosy living room contains a wood burning stove (first basket of logs and coal scuttle provided), with an exposed Cotswold stone chimney. There is also a flat panel TV with DVD player and full Sky package;
- Kitchen/dining room: The dining room is the heart of the house and contains a large dining table, with seating for ten. The large kitchen adjoins the dining room and is equipped to a high standard, containing a cooker with gas hob and electric fan oven, microwave, large freestanding fridge-freezer, dishwasher and washing machine/dryer;
- Downstairs cloakroom.
The first bedroom is accessed from the living room:
- Master bedroom: Contains a king size bed and a recently installed en-suite bathroom, with shower cubicle, large bath, twin vanity unit and a WC;
The dining room leads to a second hallway, which contains a sofa and is a useful play area for children. A second ground floor bedroom is access from this hallway:
- Bedroom 2: Contains two single beds and a wash basin;
Stairs from the second hallway go up to the first floor landing, which leads to:
- Bedroom 3: Contains a king size bed and a wash basin;
- Bedroom 4: Contains four single beds;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, a WC and a basin.
Outside the front door is an enclosed lawned garden, with attractive views across the lake and gardens of the Inn.