Lammas Cottage is a traditional Cotswold stone cottage, built to house the weavers who worked in the many silk mills of the beautiful village of Blockley. The cottage is one of a row on a quiet road and the rooms at the back of the cottage benefit from fabulous views of the surrounding Blockley Valley. The historic village of Blockley is very peaceful and picturesque, yet benefits from having two pubs and a community owned village shop & café, as well as a historic Norman church in the centre of the village. Numerous beautiful country walks are accessible directly from the cottage and Blockley is well located for visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds.
The cottage has been lovingly refurbished by its owner, and boasts a wealth of character features, including exposed Cotswold stone walls, oak beams, stone mullion windows, and a wood burning stove. This traditional character is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV and a well presented kitchen.
Lammas Cottage sleeps a maximum of six people, in three cosy bedrooms, with one bathroom and a ground floor cloakroom. There is a lovely enclosed garden to the rear of the property and free on street parking is readily available. Lammas Cottage is ideal for families or groups of friends looking for a relaxing break in a beautiful location.
The front door of Lammas Cottage is accessed directly from the quiet road that the cottage sits on. The property sits on a hill and the front door opens into the ground floor living room. Stairs lead down to the lower ground floor:
- Kitchen/dining area/sitting room: The cosy heart of the cottage, this open plan area is full of traditional character, including a Cotswold stone wall, exposed oak beams, a flagstone floor and a lovely wood burning stove. The room contains a wooden dining table, with seating for six, and a well laid out kitchen, which contains an electric oven, four ring induction hob, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster. There is also a comfy sofa and a cosy window seat for relaxing around the wood burning stove.
Heading back up the stairs, the ground floor contains the following rooms:
- Living room: A lovely, dual aspect room, with stone mullion windows, wooden floors, beautiful ornamental fireplace, and cosy windows seats to admire the stunning views from. There is comfy seating for six and a flatscreen TV with a DVD player;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and wash basin.
Steep stairs lead up from the living room to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: A small, well presented room, which contains a double bed;
- Bedroom 2: With lovely countryside views, this bedroom is also small and contains a double bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with an overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
Further steep stairs lead up to the second floor and open directly into the third bedroom:
- Bedroom 3: A cosy room, in the eaves of the cottage, which contains two single beds.
Lammas Cottage's enclosed garden is at the rear of the property, accessed from the lower ground floor sitting room, and has beautiful views across the Blockley valley. There is an outbuilding in the garden, which contains a freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer. The garden contains a table with seating for six, and a charcoal barbecue is provided during the warmer months of the year.