Landgate House is a spacious family home, peacefully located at the end of a lane in the beautiful Cotswold village of Blockley. The house is built into the hillside to maximise the stunning views across the surrounding countryside, and has recently been fully refurbished to create a lovely holiday home. Blockley is a very picturesque village, which benefits from having an excellent village shop & café and two pubs, as well as numerous beautiful walks on its doorstep. The location is also ideal for exploring the many beautiful market towns and villages of the North Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Blenheim Palace and Oxford.
The house is built in traditional Cotswold stone and character touches include two wood burning stoves, wooden beams and stylish fabrics throughout. A key feature of the house is the breathtaking view from many of the rooms, particularly the conservatory, which serves as the dining room. The character of the house and its setting is complemented by modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a Cinema room in the eaves and a well presented kitchen.
Landgate House sleeps 11+4 people in five bedrooms, with the +4 accommodation in an eaves room and on a mezzanine floor, and has four bathrooms plus a ground floor cloakroom. The extensive grounds are mostly enclosed, however there is no gate on the driveway, and there is plenty of off street parking on the large driveway. Landgate House is an ideal getaway for a family gathering or a group of friends looking to explore the Cotswolds, or to simply relax, catch up and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
Landgate House is located at the end of a quiet lane. There is a large drive, with plenty of parking space, which leads to the front door.
The front door opens into a spacious hallway on the ground floor, off which are the following rooms:
- Kitchen: The modern and well equipped kitchen contains a double electric oven, microwave, four ring electric hob, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, kettle, toaster and two cafetieres. There is also a handy breakfast bar with seating for two, and a DAB radio with a Sonos cable;
- Dining room: The kitchen connects into a bright and airy conservatory, with spectacular panoramic views of the countryside, which contains a dining table with seating for 10. A drop leaf table and additional seating is also provided, to accommodate up to 15 guests. The dining room can also be accessed directly from the living room;
- Living room: This relaxing room also has lovely views and is decorated in a contemporary style, with two three-seater sofas and an arm chair. There is a cosy log burning stove and a 40” SMART TV with a DVD player;
- Master bedroom: This luxurious room has a king size bed with a white iron frame and an ensuite bathroom, which contains a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin. French doors open onto a lovely private balcony, with a bistro table and two chairs, perfect for relaxing and taking in the stunning views;
- Utility room: Conveniently located next to the kitchen, this room contains a condenser washing machine/dryer. There is also an external door and a Belfast sink, making it ideal for cleaning off muddy dogs;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and wash basin.
Stairs from the hallway lead down to the lower ground floor, where most of the bedrooms and an additional living room are located:
- Bedroom 2: Contains a king size bed and an ensuite shower room, which has a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 3: Contains two single beds;
- Bedroom 4: A flexible room that can be set up as either two single beds or a super king size bed;
- Bedroom 5: A spacious triple room, which contains a king size bed and a single bed, as well as an ensuite shower room, with a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with a shower attachment, toilet and wash basin;
- Second living room: This elegant room contains two three-seater sofas, which can be re-arranged to allow the stylish inset wood burning stove to be used. There is also a 40” Freeview TV, with a DVD player and Nintendo Wii, and French doors lead out from the living room directly to the outdoor terrace.
Returning to the ground floor, stairs lead up from the hallway to the eaves, with the following areas:
- Cinema room: Perfect for older children and adults alike, this room contains a 55” SMART TV, a Blu-ray player, cinema sound bar, plus an Xbox 360. Bean bags are provided along with two single futon sofa beds. A stair gate is provided for this room, as the door opens directly onto the stairs;
- Mezzanine area: An open plan area, under the eaves, which contains a double futon sofa bed. Light sensors are provided to aid night time movement;
Both the cinema room and mezzanine area open directly onto the staircase, making this area better suited to older children and adults, rather than young children.
The large garden is mostly laid to lawn, is very peaceful and benefits from stunning views of the surrounding countryside. Immediately outside the house is a terrace, which can be accessed from the lower ground floor living room, which during the warmer months of the year has a large table surrounded by a rattan sofa and stools, providing seating for 10 people. There is also a picnic bench for six people and a charcoal barbecue is provided during the summer months. The huge expanse of lawn is bordered by mature trees and shrubs, with ample space for children, adults and dogs to play. Please note that as the garden is not completely enclosed, children and dogs should be supervised at all times.