Maltings is a terraced Cotswold stone cottage, peacefully located on a quiet lane, yet moments away from the heart of Nailsworth. This thriving market town nestles in the Nailsworth Valley, one of the “Five Valleys” in the South Cotswolds that converge on the nearby market town of Stroud. The town is known for its high quality restaurants, first class delicatessen and bakers, as well as its antique and craft shops, modern art gallery and many individual, specialist shops.
Built in traditional Cotswold style, Maltings has been beautifully decorated and furnished, with its cottage charm complemented by modern facilities, including wireless internet access and Freeview SMART TV. Just beyond the enclosed garden, a soothing stream meanders through the town.
The house sleeps a maximum of five people, in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms (one en-suite) and a downstairs cloakroom. Off street parking is available for at least two cars. The cottage is an ideal retreat for families or small groups of friends, benefitting from its location close to the amenities of Nailsworth, yet surrounded by glorious Cotswolds countryside.
Situated down a narrow, quiet lane, a raised footpath leads to Maltings’ front door. The entrance hallway leads to all the downstairs rooms:
- Living/dining room: A light and spacious room, containing two sofas, a coal effect gas fire and a lovely wooden dining table, with seating for five. There is also a Freeview SMART TV and a Blu-ray DVD player. French doors from the living room open out into the garden;
- Kitchen: A well equipped room, with a dishwasher, 5 ring gas hob, double electric oven, microwave, kettle, toaster, fridge, freezer and washing machine;
- Cloakroom: Contains a basin and toilet.
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 2: Contains two single beds;
- Bedroom 3: Contains one single bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, basin and toilet.
A second flight of stairs leads up from the landing to the top floor, which opens out into:
- Bedroom 1: A very spacious, dual aspect bedroom, containing a king size bed and an en-suite bathroom, with shower enclosure, basin and toilet. There is also a Freeview SMART TV.
The fully enclosed garden is accessed via the French doors in the living room and contains a patio area and lawn space. There is an outdoor table and chairs, plus a barbecue. Beyond the garden, on the other side of a fence, is a stream, which runs past the houses into Nailsworth and beyond.
Maltings has two allocated parking spaces, as well as access to two communal visitor spaces.