Manor Cottage is a quintessential Cotswold stone cottage, located in the large grounds of a beautiful manor house in the picturesque village of Poulton, surrounded by beautiful countryside. Although small, Poulton has a well-regarded pub, a village shop and Post Office, and there is a children's playground close to the cottage. The village is five miles away from the Roman town of Cirencester, the largest market town in the Cotswolds, and is also close to many other picture-postcard Cotswold villages, including Bibury, Barnsley and Eastleach, with the stunning Coln Valley just a short drive away. As well as being close to the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, Poulton is also well placed for exploring further afield places, such as Oxford, Bath, or even a day-trip into London.
This beautiful traditional cottage was fully refurbished by its owners in 2016, adding a lovely contemporary style that enhances the many character features, which include oak beams, flagstone floors, window seats and a beautiful real fire. This character is complemented by the cottage’s modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV with DVD player, and a well presented kitchen.
Manor Cottage sleeps 4+1 guests, in two bedrooms (with the +1 on a full size day bed), with a lovely bathroom. There are beautiful enclosed gardens at the front and side of the property, and off street parking is available. Families or friends will find this lovely cottage perfect for a relaxing break, in a picturesque village, surrounded by the glorious Cotswold countryside.
Sitting in the grounds of Poulton’s lovely manor house, Manor Cottage is entirely self-contained and the front door is accessed via a path through the cottage’s private gardens. The stunning oak front door opens into a hallway, with the following rooms on the ground floor:
- Living room: A large, beautifully refurbished room, which retains oak beams, a flagstone floor, window seats and a lovely roaring fire. There is comfy seating for five and a beautiful antique writing desk;
- Kitchen/dining room: This bright, sociable room contains an Aga, which also heats the cottage’s water, a fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster and washing machine. There is also a large wooden dining table, with seating for six.
Stairs lead up from the ground floor to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: A lovely dual aspect room in its own right, this bedroom is further enhanced by its stunning four poster bed. Cleverly extended to a king size bed by the cottage’s owners, the bed combines size and comfort, with gorgeous style;
- Bedroom 2: This large room contains two single beds, as well as a full size day bed (180cm x 90cm). The day bed can either be left as a comfy sofa, or set up as a bed.
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower attachment, toilet and wash basin.
Outside the cottage are its beautiful enclosed gardens, with a mixture of lawns, patio areas, and mature bushes and trees, all surrounded by Cotswold stone walls. There is a bistro table and chairs, a bench and a charcoal barbecue. Off street parking for two/three cars is also available, directly outside the cottage.