Meadow View is a traditional Cotswold stone cottage, built to house the weavers who worked in the many silk mills of the beautiful village of Blockley. The cottage is one of a row on a quiet road and the rooms at the back of the cottage benefit from fabulous views of the surrounding Blockley Valley. The historic village of Blockley is very peaceful and picturesque, yet benefits from having two pubs and a community owned village shop & café, as well as a historic Norman church in the centre of the village. Numerous beautiful country walks are accessible directly from the cottage and Blockley is well located for visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds.
The cottage has been lovingly decorated and furnished by its owner, to highlight its traditional character features, including exposed Cotswold stone, wooden doors, a flagstone floor, and a wood burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV and a well presented kitchen.
Meadow View sleeps a maximum of four people, in two bedrooms, with one bathroom. There is a lovely garden to the rear of the property and free on street parking is readily available. Meadow View is an ideal retreat for friends, couples or a small family, looking for a lovely cottage in a beautiful location.
The front door of Meadow View is accessed directly from the quiet road that the cottage sits on. The property sits on a hill and the front door opens into the ground floor living room. Stairs lead down to the open plan lower ground floor:
- Kitchen/dining area: The cosy heart of the cottage, this open plan area is partially split by the interesting triangular shaped chimney stack, built from honey coloured Cotswold stone. Other character features include a flagstone floor, exposed beams and a lovely wood burning stove. This room contains a wooden dining table, with seating for four, and a well laid out kitchen, which contains a gas oven, four ring electric hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster and washing machine. There are also a couple of comfy armchairs between the kitchen and dining areas.
Heading back up the stairs, the ground floor contains the following rooms:
- Living room: A relaxing room, with an ornamental Cotswold stone fireplace. There is a comfy sofa and an armchair, with a flatscreen TV and a DVD player;
- Family bathroom: With lovely views of the countryside, the bathroom contains a bath with a handheld shower attachment, walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
Steep stairs lead up from the living room to the first floor and both bedrooms open directly onto the staircase:
- Bedroom 1: Contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 2: In the eaves of the cottage, with wooden beams and lovely views of Blockley Valley, this room contains two single beds.
Please note that, although the back garden of the cottage is private, there is a right of access through the garden for the neighbours. Well behaved dogs are allowed but they need to be supervised due to the nature of the property. The garden, which is accessed from the dining area, has beautiful views across the Blockley valley and contains a table and four chairs together with a charcoal barbecue which is provided during the warmer months of the year.