Mill Stream Cottage is a beautiful detached property, peacefully located at the end of a quiet lane in the heart of Lower Slaughter, widely regarded as one of England's most beautiful villages. The tranquil River Eye flows through the village, and numerous walks through the beautiful Cotswold countryside are accessible straight from the cottage's doorstep. Lower Slaughter is fortunate to benefit from a lovely country inn and one of the Cotswolds finest restaurants, with another outstanding restaurant just a short stroll up the river in Upper Slaughter. Close to the cottage is the Old Mill Museum, which has a coffee shop with a terrace overlooking the river. The well known market towns of Stow-on-the-Wold and Bourton-on-the-Water are both close by, with their wide ranges of pubs, shops and restaurants, and the cottage is ideally located for exploring the Cotswold region, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Blenheim Palace and Oxford.
Built to the highest quality from Cotswold stone, Mill Stream Cottage has a number of character features, including stone mullion windows, exposed stonework and a roaring open fire. The cottage has been immaculately furnished in a warm, contemporary style and the traditional character of the building is complemented by modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a Smart TV and a well presented kitchen/dining room.
Mill Stream Cottage sleeps 4+2 people, in two bedrooms, with three bathrooms (with the +2 option being a futon in the second living room on the ground floor, which has its own ensuite bathroom). There is a pretty walled courtyard garden at the rear of the property, in addition to a courtyard with parking space for one car at the front. The cottage is perfect for a family or a group of friends seeking an idyllic rural retreat in one of England's prettiest villages, surrounded by the beautiful Cotswold countryside.
Mill Stream Cottage is a detached property located on a quiet road, in the heart of Lower Slaughter. Wooden gates open onto a driveway, with parking for one car, which leads to the front door. The front door opens into a hallway, and the following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living room: This spacious dual aspect room is beautifully furnished and includes a three seater sofa plus three armchairs, as well as a lovely roaring open fire. There is also a Smart TV with basic Sky package, a DVD and CD player, and a radio;
- Kitchen/dining room: A lovely sociable room, which has a comfy window seat and French doors leading out to the courtyard garden. The well presented kitchen contains an electric oven, four ring gas hob, dishwasher, toaster, kettle, rice cooker and cafetiere. In the centre of the kitchen is a wooden dining table, which comfortably seats six;
- Utility room: Accessed from the kitchen, this convenient room contains a microwave, fridge freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, food mixer and blender, and a food preparation area;
- Sitting Room/bedroom 3 (ensuite): Accessed via a glass walkway from the kitchen/dining room, this mixed use room contains a double futon, a desk and a wall mounted flatscreen TV. There is a folding screen that provides privacy when the room is being used as a bedroom, and French doors lead out into the garden. The ensuite bathroom contains a walk-in shower, toilet and a wash basin;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and wash basin.
Stairs lead up from the ground floor to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: A beautiful dual aspect room, with stone mullion windows and sloping ceilings, which contains a king size bed. The ensuite bathroom contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: Another lovely room with sloping ceilings, which contains a double bed. The ensuite bathroom contains a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
French doors lead out from both the kitchen/dining room and the sitting room/bedroom 3 into a pretty courtyard garden, surrounded by lovely Cotswold stone walls. There is a wooden table with seating for four, with an additional wicker sofa and a charcoal barbecue.