Millers Cottage is a Grade II listed, traditional Cotswold stone cottage, located in the heart of the famous market town of Chipping Campden. As well as being surrounded by beautiful countryside, Chipping Campden has a wide range of shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants, all housed in some of the loveliest old buildings in the country. Millers Cottage is also ideally located for exploring the many other beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Blenheim Palace.
This lovely traditional cottage has been fully refurbished and enhanced by its owner, to highlight the many character features, including oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone walls and a beautiful inglenook fireplace, with a wood burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its stylish, contemporary furnishings, and modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV and a well presented kitchen.
Millers Cottage sleeps four people, in two bedrooms, with two bathrooms. Due to the steep staircases in the cottage, children under 5 are not permitted, unless they are babes in arms. There is a lovely courtyard garden at the rear of the property and free street parking space is available close to the cottage. Millers Cottage is perfect for families with older children, couples or friends looking for a relaxing break in a beautiful cottage, right in the heart of one of the Cotswolds best loved market towns.
Millers Cottage is in the middle of a row of Cotswold stone cottages, on a beautiful street in the heart of Chipping Campden. The front door opens directly into the lovely ground floor living area, with the following rooms on the ground floor:
- Living/dining room: The beautiful living space has oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone walls and a large inglenook fireplace with a wood burning stove. There is a large sofa, comfy armchair, lovely window seat and a beautiful old wooden settle, as well as a wooden dining table with seating for four. There is also a SMART TV with a built in DVD player, and a Bluetooth sound bar.
- Kitchen: Although relatively small, the kitchen is very well laid out and has a lovely outlook into the courtyard garden. The kitchen contains an electric cooker, four ring induction hob, under counter fridge with freezer box, slim line dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster.
Steep stairs lead up from the ground floor to the first floor landing, off which are the following two rooms:
- Bedroom 1: A beautiful room, with an original fireplace (now ornamental) and a lovely window seat, which contains either two single beds or a super king size bed;
- Bathroom: Contains a walk in shower with rain drop head and shower attachment, toilet and wash basin.
Further steep stairs lead up to the second floor:
- Bedroom 2: In the lovely eaves of the cottage, this stylish dual aspect room has a wooden floor and contains a king size bed, as well as a beautiful double ended slipper bath with shower attachment. There is also an ensuite bathroom, with a toilet and a wash basin.
A back door leads out from the kitchen to a lovely courtyard garden, which contains a table and four chairs, as well as a charcoal barbecue. There is a shed in the garden, which contains a washing machine and tumble dryer.