Norman Chapel is a beautiful Grade II* listed cottage, which dates all the way back to the 12th century, when it was a village church. This detached property sits in the heart of the peaceful hamlet of Aston Magna, close to the village of Blockley and the market town of Moreton-in-Marsh, which contain a wide range of pubs, shops and restaurants. The cottage is ideally located for exploring the many beautiful villages of the North Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford upon Avon, Warwick Castle, Oxford and Blenheim Palace. The rural location of Aston Magna also makes it an ideal base for enjoying some of the fabulous walks that the Cotswolds has to offer.
This historic property has an abundance of character features, including exposed chancel and nave stonework, open fireplaces and exposed timbers throughout. Modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a Freeview TV and a well presented kitchen, complement the historic character of the property.
Norman Chapel sleeps 6+1 people, in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms (with the +1 option being a foldaway bed that can be set up in bedroom 1). There are lovely gardens at both the front and back of the property, and a driveway to the side of the cottage has space for up to two cars. Norman Chapel is perfect for a family or a group of friends looking for a relaxing break in a historic property, in the heart of the Cotswold countryside.
Norman Chapel is a large detached property, located on a quiet road. The front door is approached via the front garden and opens into the dining room, although guests will typically enter the cottage via the boot room. The well laid out ground floor area includes the following rooms:
- Living room: The spacious living room has exposed oak beams and a lovely stone fireplace with a wood burning stove. There is a three seater sofa, plus two arm chairs and a chaise longue, as well as a Freeview TV with a DVD player, a stereo system and wireless speakers;
- Dining room: This characterful room also has exposed oak beams and a large inglenook fireplace, with a wood burning stove. There is a large wooden dining table and seating for six, with an additional dining chair also available;
- Study: Located off the living room, the study contains a desk and chair, plus a selection of books, DVDs and games;
- Kitchen: Steps lead down from the dining room to the kitchen, which overlooks the back garden. The well-equipped kitchen has a double electric cooker, a four ring ceramic hob, fridge with a small freezer, dishwasher, toaster, kettle, coffee machine and smoothie maker;
- Utility room: Next to the kitchen, this room contains a microwave and a washing machine;
- Shower room: Accessed via the kitchen and utility room, the shower room has a double walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Boot room: Adjoining the kitchen, the boot room is the primary entrance to the cottage, providing access to the back garden and the parking area.
Stairs lead up from the dining room to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms, all in the eaves of the cottage:
- Bedroom 1: A beautiful room, with exposed oak beams and an ornate king size bed. A foldaway bed can be set up in the room, upon request, to increase the occupancy to 6+1;
- Bedroom 2: Another lovely room, with exposed oak beams, this room contains a double bed;
- Bedroom 3: Overlooking the back garden, this room contains two single beds;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with a handheld shower attachment, toilet and wash basin.
The cottage is surrounded by beautiful gardens, with mature fruit trees and a lovely view of a neighbouring former church. A patio area in the back garden contains a large table with seating for eight, and there is a further bistro table and chairs, plus four deckchairs and a charcoal barbecue. A gate leads from the garden to a shared driveway, which has private parking for two medium sized cars or one 4x4. Further parking is available on the quiet road outside the cottage.